Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 cuda dog dish caps

Hey guys. I have a WIP going on my blue 70 cuda and I have a problem. I am using the steel wheels from the 68 charger but I was just looking at the caps. They look wrong for 70. Does anyone make good 70 caps or could I use the ones out of the 70 roadrunner or are they too big? Also if the roadrunner ones will work does anyone have any the want to part with?? Thanks in advance

Yes the Charger hub caps would be wrong...Dodge caps. You need Plymouth. The hub caps from the '70 Roadrunner kit(older Mongram) are 1/24th and the Revell '70 'Cuda kit is 1/25th. Offhand, I can only think of a couple resin casters that may have what you need...Missing Link & Modelhaus perhaps. I'm sure there are a couple more that others will mention. Good luck.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

It's either of these right? Those are what I found some 1:1s using. Now where do I get them?

The ones on the left are correct for 1969 up thru about 1971 or 72.

I think it was about 1973 is when the generick ones with no lettering / face markings became avail for all Mopar applications

The ones on the left are correct for 1969 up thru about 1971 or 72.

I think it was about 1973 is when the generick ones with no lettering / face markings became avail for all Mopar applications

1969-1974/1975 ; 1975-c.1980 .

The Dodge hub caps in the Missing Link lineup are the 1969-1974/1975 models . A similar version was used on pickups and B-vans ; those were non-anodised and unpainted , c.1974-c.1976 .