Model Cars Magazine Forum

'53 Ford Truck - Custom (Complete 10-Apr-15)

Thanks guys!

The bed cover is just semigloss black. The roof and the bed cover was going to be pearl white, but I didn't like the way it turned out.

Joe - Thanks buddy! It's a pet peeve of mine to have the best finish possible, but that compliment goes a long way because there are so many great finishers in this site.

Tim

More progress finished up tonight, just some of the hidden details and chassis for the most part. I still want the clear coat to clear for a few more days before I started to wet sand and buff. That gives me time to focus on the little things. Chassis and suspension is complete and most of the engine bay details. The only major thing left is the interior...

ChassisComplete1-vi.jpg

ChassisComplete2-vi.jpg

I wanted to use the NASCAR exhaust pipes, but they went right over the top of the fuel tank... figured that wasn't the best idea, so I made some exhaust for another kit.

ChassisComplete3-vi.jpg

ChassisComplete4-vi.jpg

ChassisComplete5-vi.jpg

ChassisComplete6-vi.jpg

I like the use of the electric fan Tim and the grill is looking good in there as well. emotion-21.gifemotion-21.gifemotion-21.gifemotion-21.gif

Thanks Joe! I wanted to use the original radiator,so the electric fan seemed like the best option since I couldn't get the fan assembly from the stock and NASCAR assemblies to fit right.

Welcome back!

Tim

wow! Great build so far! Can you tell me where do you find those wheels?

Those wheels came from the Revell 1964 (Calfiornia Wheels) Impala SS 2'N1 kit. I wound up using different wheels on that build and these wheels fit the truck perfectly.

Tim

Thanks for the compliments, guys. Hopefully I will have it finished up tonight and get to snap a few more pics of it completed. I'm trying to get it ready for the MAMA's meeting on Saturday. This will be the first one that I've ever been to. I'm excited to see others models, as well as show a couple of my previous builds.

Tim