Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Chevrolet Rat Rod (Updated and Ready For Round 2)

Well here is the finished product. I still need to find some mirrors for it. I dont like the one it came with and I wanted 2 on it anyways. I never intended to put as much work in it as I did anyways but I am very happy with the way it turned out.

016-13_zpsb696e470.jpg

020-10_zps4be189c1.jpg

022-8_zps9263a779.jpg

023-7_zpsa0c3d1e3.jpg

. I still need to find some mirrors for it. I dont like the one it came with and I wanted 2 on it anyways.

I love this truck! Everything about it is just right, nothing is over done. The wheels fit right in too.

As far as mirrors, a pair of the street rod mirrors from either Model Car Garage or Scale Repros Plus would look very cool. They are small round mirrors and come in pairs. They are machined aluminum.

Thanks, Im glad you all like it. I usually build demolition derby car models. So this is really my first go at a normal build. Tom thanks for the info on the mirrors, I will check them out.

Thanks guys and joker I am still going to put mirrors on it just haven't got to it yet. I am going to try and get them this week. So I will get some more pictures once I get them.

• 2 months later...

So I finally got around to completely finishing the truck and adding a few extras. Derby City Shootout is Saturday so I figured it was time to get it done. I added mirrors, tail lights, and some junk in the bed to go along with the whole "rusty money salvage."

015_zps9c27fb24.jpg

017_zpsd2df5080.jpg

014_zpsee845e7c.jpg

013_zpsdd40237a.jpg

016_zpsa493ab22.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Brought home another trophy last week at a local show and made it in Scale Auto's December issue. Its time to retire the truck from any shows but I'm about to start on the next. It will be a 65 chevy styled kind of like the trucks porterbuilt and delmo's have been building lately.