Model Cars Magazine Forum

Newbie question for 1/8 builders.

Out of the three 1/8 kits I now have, I figured I would start with the '85 Corvette since its the least valuable. That way it wont hurt as much when I screw up. :D So my questions are.....

Where do you get any aftermarket stuff for these, like spark plug wiring, battery cable, hoses, distributors pe, wheels and tires, etc.

TIA,

Sam

Started with Ebay, but all I find is stuff for the Big Deuce, A, and Pocher. Any wheels I find are the wrong offset to use on the '85 Corvette. Most venders that I find have a bunch of 1/16 stuff, but little in the way of 1/8. Thats why I thought I would ask here.

Started with Ebay, but all I find is stuff for the Big Deuce, A, and Pocher. Any wheels I find are the wrong offset to use on the '85 Corvette. Most venders that I find have a bunch of 1/16 stuff, but little in the way of 1/8. Thats why I thought I would ask here.

That's the problem... not much 1/8 aftermarket stuff out there except for Pocher. Most of us 1/8 builders just scratchbuild what we need.

Any wheels I find are the wrong offset to use on the '85 Corvette. Most venders that I find have a bunch of 1/16 stuff, but little in the way of 1/8.

Also consider the '85 Vette (and the 1/8 kit) are 27 years old now, and don't have near as much of a following and fan base as the Big Deuce. Plus, the '85 Vette and '85 IROC-Z are the only kits of the Monogram bunch to include 16" tires, so a set of wheels has to be specifically designed to fit those tires, and will fit only those tires.

Also consider the '85 Vette (and the 1/8 kit) are 27 years old now, and don't have near as much of a following and fan base as the Big Deuce. Plus, the '85 Vette and '85 IROC-Z are the only kits of the Monogram bunch to include 16" tires, so a set of wheels has to be specifically designed to fit those tires, and will fit only those tires.

I figured at how little the 85 Vette was selling for on ebay compared to other 1/8 Monogram kits that it would not have the aftermarket following. I was figuring on different wheels and tires as a set. Maybe I should forget about the wheels/tires and just find material for wiring and plumbing this one.