Model Cars Magazine Forum

The GT race car CBP(now open)

martinfan5

gtlogo_zpsdb6e4727.jpg

This CBP has nothing to do with the game, just using it for the name

I have updated the class's of race cars, I added two more

Coming soon, we will kick of the Gran Tursimo race car CBP, I think I have narrowed down what to allow, now this is not set in stone, I am open to adding other series/types of race cars.

This is not a contest

The Rules are as follow

Kit must be either a new kit, not started, or a complete tear down and rebuild, if say the kit is not more the 10% started, I dont see why that wont be ok to join

Time frame will be for one year, and we will kick this off on the start of the 24 Hour of Numbering race which starts on the 17th of May, extend the time frame will depend on how many people are taking a part in it.

Now, on too what can be entered here , all years of cars are welcome, old and new

For right now, I am thinking

F1

WRC

WTCC

WEC

DTM

BTCC

IMSA

SCCA

JTCC, or what is now Super GT

AMLS- P1, GT, P2,Prototype Challenge, GT challenge,

Grand AM /Rolex series, DP, GT,GX

GTP and/or old GT cars

If you would like to join, and I have not listed a series that you may want to build, then please suggest it, I am open to more idea's

I will be adding to this , this is not set in stone, if you have any suggestions, they are welcome, if you are interested, please post that you are, I want to have at least four to five people taking part before I start it officially , if not, I will hold off tell there is enough people

You can build as many as you would like in this CBP

Edited by martinfan5

Just to make sure... Considering the Tom's Supra has only paint in the body does it qualify? AND do I need to stop working on them until the 17th? :huh:

Or should I just start on a parallel project?

Ah!!!, what if a couple of us contribute with a few sealed kits for the winner(s)???

Edited by BMX Addicts

Would GTP and/or old GT cars ie. GTO Mustangs/Camaros, Porsche 934/35s be included? If so, count me in!

Yes, I will add that to the list, old and new are welcome ;)

Also, are we allowed more than one build in this? I'll definitely have two or more done in a year, that's a loooong time for me.

Yes, this is build as many as you want to ;) , I will add that to the main info as well, thank you for bringing that up

Just to make sure... Considering the Tom's Supra has only paint in the body does it qualify? AND do I need to stop working on them until the 17th? :huh:

Or should I just start on a parallel project?

Ah!!!, what if a couple of us contribute with a few sealed kits for the winner(s)???

Sure, since you only just started doing the decals, then I think that is within the 10% , so if you want to wait tell the 17th to continue work on it then sure, bring it here

Very nice choice Jonathan... B)

I originally wanted to do the Opel Astra DTM, but found something that I can't wait to put my hands on.

similrpescarolo11_zps49d6ad97.jpg

According to the description the kit is a bit too basic (I believe there is no engine), but this is my ALL TIME favorite car (Well the Pescarolo C60 Judd with the Play Station / Matmut La Sarte Livery).

Edited by BMX Addicts

I actually think the Toyota Minolta has a lot more skill and detail than the Pescarolo... But I honestly believe this one is more appropriate for my skill level (Let's see how many sets of decals is going to take to get it right :lol: ).

I sent you the PSN request last night, cant wait to trade cars with you ;)

Jonathan, (and all of you other guys :) ), I think I will get in on this. I will come up with a model and let you all know. I'll post a picture of it. I am not sure when I will get started but I am sure I will have it done within the year's time frame. Thanks for starting the build thread Jonathan! I'm looking forward to it.

Jonathan, (and all of you other guys :) ), I think I will get in on this. I will come up with a model and let you all know. I'll post a picture of it. I am not sure when I will get started but I am sure I will have it done within the year's time frame. Thanks for starting the build thread Jonathan! I'm looking forward to it.

John, you have plenty of time, and I am happy that are going to join, I look forward to seeing what you are going to build

You are off to a good start, I hate using the transfer that come with the Tamiya kits, they are such a pain in the rear end, I will be joining you guys soon, I am still trying to find me a Minolta kit to start with, I am doing a Le Mans build for another forum

Jonathan i guess i will join this if that is cool just have to go thru my kits to find one that i want to build

most of my GT cars were geard more american muscle but i have a slew of Skylines

Michael

Edited by hvymtl

Jonathan i guess i will join this if that is cool just have to go thru my kits to find one that i want to build

most of my GT car were geard more mamerican muscle but i have a slew of Skylines

Michael

As long as they are race cars, it does not matter what make they are, GT cars are you thinking about ?