Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bartoletti Transporter and the Daytonas Coupe... Last Update 5/28

Brizio

This is simply SUPERB, this Cobra team Bartoletti and its brother the Fiat 642 Ferrari transporter are my two favorites. I love the idea of not only building the great race cars icons of motorsport history but also the support equipment needed to be there race day and be succesful. Magnificent craftmaship and detail, looking forward to the next update.

Thank you Fred! I love both the transporter, the Ferrari and the Cobra, I was thinking to do the Ferrari, but I opted for the Cobra because I already had the Daytona kits. Did you were at GSL?

Brizio, what can I say? you are knocking this one out of the park! With the cars on there this will be a stunning piece of work that you will cherish forever. :D

Thank you Gene! I hope this week to do some work on it. At least have primer on the main parts.

Just for fun,imagine somthing like this on a ebay auction,wow! Impressive scratchbuilding.

There are a few on ebay in 1/43. Thank you Tommy! :)

Incredible.

Thank you Danno! Was a great pleasure meet you a the GSL, and good job on buying/saving the Cobras and donating them to the museum so everyone that will go there will appreciate this guy craftsmanship, and he will never forget! :)

There are a few on ebay in 1/43. Thank you Tommy! :)

Thank you Danno! Was a great pleasure meet you a the GSL, and good job on buying/saving the Cobras and donating them to the museum so everyone that will go there will appreciate this guy craftsmanship, and he will never forget! :)

Thank you! That turned out to be such a special project! The guys and gals of Moonlight Modelers and I were overwhelmed by the response from everyone at GSL. We're all so proud to have been able to rescue and preserve the Cobras for all time. Glad you enjoyed them!

Sorry there just wasn't enough time in the 4 days to spend more visiting and swapping stories, tips, and lies! See you in 2017!

Thank you! That turned out to be such a special project! The guys and gals of Moonlight Modelers and I were overwhelmed by the response from everyone at GSL. We're all so proud to have been able to rescue and preserve the Cobras for all time. Glad you enjoyed them!

Sorry there just wasn't enough time in the 4 days to spend more visiting and swapping stories, tips, and lies! See you in 2017!

Agree, plus I had the dogs, and I had to visit Boneville... :)

Your doing some outstanding work here on this thing. I finally took some time to read through your entire thread, and I all I can say is WOW impressive!

Thank you Jim, hopeful tomorrow I can primer some more parts and prepare it for the paint.

• 1 year later...

Went back to work on this one... :) It is about time... Hopeful this time it will get finished. 
I don't know why the pics went missing, but I will edit and add the pictures, as soon I have some time. :)

First set of wheels cleaned...

16716293_1471132886254753_21484825637248

All the wheels are cleaned and ready for primer...

16722414_1471132889588086_36690994370917

OMG Yes !!!

I had forgotten all about this Briz

Cheers

It is time to finish it... :) Thanks Bruce! :)

I don't know if it is just my computer but most of your earlier photos are not showing up.

I don't know what happened, but the link are all broken, I will replace them with working one. 

FYI...those are not the fuel tanks, they are the trunk floor and were fiberglass. The fuel tanks were above them. On the Cobras the fiberglass trunk floors could be off-white gel coat or painted black.

Weird, from the reference picture I have, it seems more a gas tank than a trunk floor and is in silver color.  

I believe this is the fuel cell, hard to tell the color.

daytonacobraconstruction99.jpg

Yes, but under it is the stock Cobra fiberglass trunk tray which is what is seen from underneath. And it was just an alloy tank, not a fuel cell. that was a couple of years off and not in Shelby's budget. Remember in those days a driver was an expendable item, just like tires and brakes!

Yes, but under it is the stock Cobra fiberglass trunk tray which is what is seen from underneath. And it was just an alloy tank, not a fuel cell. that was a couple of years off and not in Shelby's budget. Remember in those days a driver was an expendable item, just like tires and brakes!

I don't get it... Can you post a photo?