Model Cars Magazine Forum

1958 Ford Fairlane 500

StevenGuthmiller

Well, after contemplating this build since May, I finally got on it & finished it up. It went pretty well considering that I really didn't get a good start on it until the second week of February. I guess you could call this my version of a "quick build". :P This started life as a built up original issue AMT annual that I picked up on ebay. Built with mostly parts straight out of the box, with a few additions. The chrome parts were all redone & the up top, continental kit & tires are all from "Modelhaus". The color is a 1959 Cadillac color called "Argyle Blue" which, to my eye, looks very close to correct 1958 Ford "Silvertone Blue". I had it, so I went with it. Very glad I did, I love the color. Conventional wisdom would have dictated a white top & probably a white continental kit cover. I just liked the look of the blue conny cover & the blue top added a little touch of "Cadillac" class. Sorry, the pictures are of pretty low quality, but that's just the breaks sometimes. :rolleyes:

Steve

2v29S6oDMxwUbWP.jpg2v29S6oLnxwUbWP.jpg2v29S6oVvxwUbWP.jpg2v2JtfFtnxwUbWP.jpg2v2JtfFVyxwUbWP.jpg2v2v6BCMNxwUbWP.jpg

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

Very nice Steve . Ive been following the build and im glad that I did . You sure did a great job . I only hope I can do mine ( When it arrives ) to the same standard or close to it anyway. The colours that you chose are very nice.

Pics look good to me too B)

Edited by Doobie

Thanks guys! My intention was to start a really nice '59 Bonneville next, but I hadn't decided on a color until a short time ago, so I had to order paint & it'll be a couple of weeks until it arrives. To kill the time, I think I'll finally build a '62 Chrysler 300. I've been meaning to do that for about 30 years! I think it's about time! :P Steve