Model Cars Magazine Forum

My new project from the movie AVENGERS

Barbo

There is a special building in the movie AVENGERS, the STARK TOWER INDUSTRY, Ironman headquarters. Eventhough it does not exist, it is a special add to the movie. I have sketches, perspective drawings and special effects photos. I am building it in HO scale (1/8" = 1'-0") .....Barbo

Avengers3.png

I am drawing the model in a architectural scale of 1/8" = 1'-0", If it comes out to tall to handle I will bring down the scale to 1/16"=1'-0" . The drawings that I have for ref. are hand drawn sketches and computer special efects photos. Once I have my drawings done I will post them. I will use more plastic than foam for this model, specialy from PLASTRUCT.....Barbo

Edited by Barbo

Well, I finished my drawings and decided to do my model in metric scale 1:500,(26"high) The scale of 1/8"=1'-0" makes the building more than 4 feet high and a base of 14". This is on of my drawings "Front Elevation" and my preliminary cardboard model. Now I will start my final model with all the details....Barbo

100_2036.jpg

100_2040.jpg

100_2042.jpg

Yes, the vehicles are from Plastruct (scale 1;500), it will also have trees, sidewalks and streets. A friend of mine who is a Star Trek freak is making me a scratch built "Quinjet" for the landing dock, this will help sense the scale. If you saw the movie, this will be the new headquarters for the Avengers. When the building is partialy distroid only the letter 'A' stands from the STARK sign, Barbo

• 2 weeks later...