Model Cars Magazine Forum

community muscle car build anyone ?

diymirage

I think this is going to be a great build off!! Can I enter a 1970 super bee? All that's done is the body, chassis, engine and suspension painted but thats it. I've got to make a vinal top for it now because I put a BIG gash in the roof and I'm NOT striping the hemi orange or the black c-strips. Let me know! :D

sounds like you're pretty close to done there :huh:

but it is a superbee and it sounds like it will be a special car

tell you what, if you show us some pictures of the custom sunroof and ill let you in

(that way we can all see you do some body work on it too) ;)

Ok, sign me up with the '69½ Road Runner. I really need some incentive to get this one finished. Maybe I'll do something about the "leftovers" too. The Superbird front clip was trashed, as was the Road Runner body. I had this idea to see if the molds were done so well, that the front clip from one body would fit on another body without any problems. And it did. But it left me with some trashed parts, which I eventually repaired, and put together another hybrid: '69½ Superbird.

I'm definitely in, I'll post my subject no later than Saturday (the first chance I can get to Hobby Lobby to see what grabs me...lol).

i got a 1974 plymouth GTX there once

think i only bought it because it was 7 bucks

but then i build it and it is one of my favorites, awesome chromework on the engine, great rims, wide drag radials and.....a superbird wing :unsure:

id love to see a nice AMX in here

Are you telling me this would be a great occasion to finish that '69 AMX I started a few years ago? :unsure:

Seriously, I might be interested in joining, depending on the due date... I got many muscle car kits waiting to be built. Including that Johan '69 AMX. The 390 engine is done, and I started work on the chassis. I used a '70 Challenger rear section and a '74 GTX front section, still need more work to make it fit the body. I did this because I didn't like the molded in exhaust/suspension/everything on the original Johan chassis.

post-4742-1259722088_thumb.jpg

post-4742-1259722167_thumb.jpg

post-4742-1259722187_thumb.jpg

Actually Id like to change my entry to a ford talladega that im getting from smart resins.

done :unsure:

i felt like there were too many bowties in there anyway :lol:

it will be nice to see a resin tally, that will be some inspiring work

speaking of inspiring work

Are you telling me this would be a great occasion to finish that '69 AMX I started a few years ago? :huh:

Seriously, I might be interested in joining, depending on the due date... I got many muscle car kits waiting to be built. Including that Johan '69 AMX. The 390 engine is done, and I started work on the chassis. I used a '70 Challenger rear section and a '74 GTX front section, still need more work to make it fit the body. I did this because I didn't like the molded in exhaust/suspension/everything on the original Johan chassis.

that is looking great allreay

is the challenger rear end tubbed ?

at any rate you should get in on this, it might be the kick in the but you need ;)

counting the AMX that would put our tally at :

1 amc

2 fords

3 chevies

4 mopars

and no repeats (so far, not that it would matter)

is the challenger rear end tubbed ?

Nope. It's a stock rear section from a 1/25 AMT '70 Challenger kit.

at any rate you should get in on this, it might be the kick in the but you need

Exactly what I was thinking when I read your first post about this community build, especially when you mentioned the AMX :unsure:

I'm not sure on the color I will use on this one yet, I was thinking Pompeii yellow or butternut beige metallic, I like bittersweet orange metallic too. I got a Keith Marks decal sheet with the black go pack stripes.

Also, I'm not sure on the wheels/tires combo I will use. I was thinking good old Cragars would look nice.

Allright, count me in. It'll motivate me to get a build done.

I think I'll do my Revell 1966 GTO. I need it for an idea I have, anyway.

Charlie Larkin

sounds good, we didnt have a pontiac yet, ill ad you

Nope. It's a stock rear section from a 1/25 AMT '70 Challenger kit.

Exactly what I was thinking when I read your first post about this community build, especially when you mentioned the AMX :P

I'm not sure on the color I will use on this one yet, I was thinking Pompeii yellow or butternut beige metallic, I like bittersweet orange metallic too. I got a Keith Marks decal sheet with the black go pack stripes.

Also, I'm not sure on the wheels/tires combo I will use. I was thinking good old Cragars would look nice.

cragars are always good

and i like the go mango butterscotch colour a lot too :lol:

get cracking

I have plenty of muscle cars, I feel like building a full-size muscle car.

Hard to figure how a four-door sedan qualifies as a muscle car. I suppose the Crown Vic and modern Charger qualifies too?

Always thought a muscle car was something built around over-sized, gas guzzling power plants with some aggressive body styling and minimal interior features outside options for bucket seats and eight-track decks.

Edited by beefheart22

Seems somebody needs to go back and read the rules again, carefully :lol: , especially the part about 2 doors and 1960-1980. That leaves out modern Chargers, Impala SS from the 90s, and anything else with 4 doors.

It seems like all pre-80 Challengers, Camaros, Mustangs, etc would qualify. I wonder though, if my Camaro came with 6 cyl and I put in a 427, is it a muscle car? :D

Gary

So he doesn't have to follow the rules for other community builds but we have to follow his.

Because the build originators let him.

Here's what Nick said in the Street Truck build

Sweet this should be interesting because of that fact is why I slid you by the rule book.

Like I said, it's the people who started the build threads who get to decide what goes. If they want to let someone not follow the rules, then that's their choice (since they determined the rules in the first place). Likewise, if they don't want to allow an exception, then that's fine too.

Edited by YJIslander

Hard to figure how a four-door sedan qualifies as a muscle car. I suppose the Crown Vic and modern Charger qualifies too?

Always thought a muscle car was something built around over-sized, gas guzzling power plants with some aggressive body styling and minimal interior features outside options for bucket seats and eight-track decks.

it doesnt

i told him that too but i wasnt to assertive about it yet

in this build is muscle car is a domestic two door built between 1960 and 1980 around over-sized, gas guzzling power plants with some aggressive body styling and minimal interior features outside options for bucket seats and eight-track decks.

How about '66 galaxie......with a honkin boss 429?

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

that would be great if this was a community muscle car show

however, this is a community muscle car build

build another one from the ground up and ill let you in :lol: