Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell/Monogram will be reintroducing the Corvette Grandsport soon, you may need this :

Apparently it's the old AM kit, I have heard of no attempts to fix the issues with this kit (headers, upper a-arms). However with a little work and the photo-etch kit, you can have a very nice replica.

Edited by elan

I still miss the 1967 large scale Vette that they made. Yes, it had it's issues, but overall it was a great kit. I still have a Detail Master Photo-Etch set in reserve for when finances allow me to pick that set up. (Perhaps that will be my next kit after I finish up this 1988 MPC kit I have?)

From what I have read is that when AM closed done there were a lot of left over GS kits and that these are what you are getting. None of the problems of the AM kit have been corrected. It might be a long time before we see this kit available again so it might be a good idea to get a couple while you can. Model Express is already taking pre-orders for them.

rob

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently it's the old AM kit, I have heard of no attempts to fix the issues with this kit

I know of the A arm issues.....that was corrected with the 2nd gen of the kit.

I do not know of the header issue....I built a number of the Vettes for the original AM and never had a header issue. What is it?

I picked one up even though I had a few AM versions. A collector oddity for me really....A kit labeled Accurate Miniatures on every bag and tree but sold by Revell!

A good kit $19 I paid Monday.

• 2 months later...