Model Cars Magazine Forum

62 Chrysler 300 H

Mopar - D

Wow thats great. Really nice. It just pops. Im currently working on the same model. My car has different wheels & interior. Are those wheels from modelhaus? Also my interior is different & am wondering if its correct for the car. Either way the interior fits correctly.

Nice job

Greg, the wheels and interior came from Modelhaus that are correct for the 300 H. The wheels and interor in the kit are for the 300 Sport that was new for the 300 in 1962 but the body and engine are for the 300 H. I am now working on a original issue 62 -300 H convertible that has the correct interior. By the way all the 300 H cars came with a tan interior unless a special order was placed. What colors ae you going with? My converable will be black with a tan interior.

You did a great job on one of my favorite Chryslers. Johan always did have trouble getting that car exactly right. The original 1962 annual issue had the correct interior but the wrong wheels and it had the long ram engine that Chrysler offered in '61 and '63 but not in '62.

Are those wheels the "promo wheel package" that Modelhaus sells for the '62 Chrysler?

A girl I dated in high school in the late 70's drove a hand-me-down black 300-H coupe with a tan interior. Her brother bought it as a used car in the mid-70's and when he went to trade it in wasn't offered squat for it. Heck, who wanted a big ol' gas hog like that when gas was all the way up around $1.00/gallon!?!?!

Excellent subject; smoothe paint; clean build; nice chrome. All the things I love in a model.

A small photo tip: use a higher f-stop number on the close ups, and more of the subject will be in focus, enhancing realism.

• 3 weeks later...