Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12th Drag radial 69 camaro (5/27/14) Full set of wheels.

Prostreet

Finally have a full set of wheels, Pretty happy with them. Not sure why but on my front wheels the spokes are a hair twisted from the center, Not sure if it's because of where i'm starting the spoke or if i'm taking to much off on the radius cut. Once i have the center caps made and the tires on and mounted nobody will notice, It's very slight. I'm thinking the next task is the rear end and front and rear suspension to get it on all fours. Let me know what you think good or bad, always looking for constructive feedback.

13-vi.jpg

Thx. Bill, appreciate it. I started working on the chassis now that i decided what i want to do to make it look the way i want. I all ready cut the wheel wells out for the mini tub, and i cut the back part of the frame rails for tire clearance. That part of the frame will be boxed out and there will be tubing running in between them for strength, i have seen this done on 1:1 cars before( usually on full frame cars though). I have to fill in the section where the gas tank was before i do any more cutting, still lots to remove and modify. Rain in the forecast so i should be able to get some more done lol.

008-vi.jpg

12-vi.jpg

Thx. fellas, Pretty excited. My new project showed up, I worked with a 3D artist to make a 2012 and 2013 Promod camaro body, then had Tim from TDR make it printable. This is a 1/16th 2013 promod camaro, i should have something started on it this weekend. Doors don't fit totally perfect so i will have to do some work there to fill a couple tiny gaps, but other than that it looks good.

004-vi.jpg

003-vi.jpg

Joe, those wheels are a work of art :o , you should feel extremely proud mate. :)They look sensational in fact. (need a thumbs up, insert here... ;) )

And loving the "new" Camaro body.......might just have to save for a 1/12 one of those babies. :D

Cheers

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...