Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fast & Furious Tribute build!

bandit1

Great paint work Gerardo!! Excellent masking. Graphics look spot-on!!

Kevin, get that Charger back on the bench.....it will look awesome with black on it!

Jonathan, looking forward to your progress on your Charger as well!

Jacob, great work on the Daytona!!

@Ken: I´m on it. But it´s a real pain to get everything straight as an arrow for that shiny black paintjob... :wacko:

Believe me Kevin, I know what you mean......my Corvette C1RS build took me over 10 hours worth of sanding/wetsanding to get the car right enough for that "wet" black look. :unsure:

It was an AMT kit that I made worse by cutting out most of the sides and replacing which meant more work! It is in Under Glass somewhere. I know you can do it! ;)

Believe me Kevin, I know what you mean......my Corvette C1RS build took me over 10 hours worth of sanding/wetsanding to get the car right enough for that "wet" black look. :unsure:

It was an AMT kit that I made worse by cutting out most of the sides and replacing which meant more work! It is in Under Glass somewhere. I know you can do it! ;)

LOL!! I´m already far beyond 10 hours of sanding and wetsanding the Charger. It´s not only getting the fenders done. The whole body needs block sanding and re-doing the panel lines. And on a Charger body with all the contours on the sides...that´s quite a task. Well...maybe it´s just me. I´m a freak when it comes to preparing bodies for paint and it takes me forever to make progress. And it´s getting worse with every new kit as I always tend to raise the bar a little bit more.

If the deadline for this CBP would be one year later, I´d totally join with the Charger and my "Monster Carlo" from Tokyo Drift. Both are still in some kind of a mock-up-stage and there is still a ton of work to be shown on both builds. ;)

Update on the Skyline, got the interior and engine done. The body has been decaled and cleared now I'm working on smoothing it out, I know what you mean Ken and Kevin, black paint jobs take a lot of work to get right. I don't know how good mine will be, but I'll do my best.

I hope to have the Skyline done by the end of the week, it's gonna be darn close on getting my Charger done in time, time really does fly when you're having fun.

Post52_zpsd86328bd.jpg

Post53_zpsba9c8e53.jpg

Edit, missed a couple of pics

Couldn't find front rims so I modeled them and had Shapeways print them.

Post51_zpsbddf73de.jpg

Post54_zps48ad3673.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by TFchronos

Started on the interior, got the wheels set and got the grille done, just need to do something for headlights.

DSC04709_zps7aa6b489.jpg

This back peice is covered with heat and air duct tape to replicate the sheet aluminum used for the movie cars.

DSC04708_zps7913ebff.jpg

The grille is wire mesh, some of you might remember it from the '67 GTX I did for last years cannonball cbp.

DSC04707_zpscba150e0.jpg

And Finally, a quick little mock up test with the rims.

DSC04706_zps0cf3f980.jpg

As long as nothing drastic happens I should have it done by the 30th.

The Skyline will be finished either today or tomorrow so pics of that will be in a couple of days.

Thanks for looking! :)

• 7 months later...

Sorry guys the May 1st deadline came and went and I for one was no where to be found... Im going through problems right now and just hadn't had a chance to do anything...

Has everyone finished they'res yet?... If not I believe I will extend the deadline to Jan. 1st but probably wont be around till a few days later. so that way you folks can have the rest of the year if need be to finish it out

Thanks