Model Cars Magazine Forum

Konnichiwa from Japan!

Hi guys (and gals),

My name is Dustin and I'm 31 years old. I live in Usa-shi, Japan, though I'm originally from Kentucky. I've lived here for a little over a year and a half. It's a small town, and unless I want to build a Gundam, (which I also love) it's about a one hour drive in all directions to get to a hobby shop.

I'll be lurking for a while, because I am sitting behind about four GunPla, while also building a 1:1 scale drift car :).

I do plan to hit crewdawg15 up for some SR20s when he finishes the master. It was his work that brought me to the forum. Now I can't wait to look at everyone's work. I won't lie, I'm a n00b compared to most of the guys on here, but that's ok. I'm really wanting to learn some new tricks, and I'm not afraid to ruin a model to try a new technique. I feel like you can't improve if you don't step out of the comfort zone and take some risks.

Back to browsing. Hope everyone has a good night!

Mankin, out.

Welcome to the forum. You bring the perfect attitude to the site. There are plenty of tricks to be learned and it is important to try new stuff. Just this morning I started my very first military project, which I'm hoping will expand my repertoire of weathering tricks.

Thanks, everyone!

Chillyb1: Military models scare me, because they are so complex and detail oriented. The good thing is that a lot of the weathering, washing, and shading techniques that I want to apply to my Gundams also apply. I love studying WW2 history, so it is something I would like to get to.

MADDOG: I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Ferrarijoe: If I'm ever in a position to help you out at cost, let me know. Probably better to use my email than my PMs, since it pushes to my phone. I know a lot of people take advantage of prices on eBay.

• 2 weeks later...