Model Cars Magazine Forum

Road Warrior

AFX-n-Scale Resin did an awesome set that had everything needed to make it like when the Interceptor first rolled out of the garage. The pieces are flawless!!!!! They look like white styrene! Fit like a glove as well.

Whoa afx's just right down the road from me in Nashville. On the other hand I found this guy at the ACME show that is making a conversion kit that even includes the revell parts pack engine for the car,going to be around 20 bucks but has way more than this kit.In about a few weeks he's suppost to have them into production. It's called "Panhandle Resin". PM me for his e-mail,I don't want to post it out in the open.

Edited by Austin T

• 1 month later...

I e-mailed the ebay seller...he says that he gets them on consignment...???..only puts them up when the producer makes them..This is frustrating...I wish Aoshima just gave the option to build either MM1 or MM2 versions...I would gladly pay more...and even buy 3 kits so i can have all versions of the Interceptor...and not have to wait for some guy to get off his ass and make them..."Hey SUPPLIER.....this is DEMAND calling"

I e-mailed the ebay seller...he says that he gets them on consignment...???..only puts them up when the producer makes them..This is frustrating...I wish Aoshima just gave the option to build either MM1 or MM2 versions...I would gladly pay more...and even buy 3 kits so i can have all versions of the Interceptor...and not have to wait for some guy to get off his ass and make them..."Hey SUPPLIER.....this is DEMAND calling"

Thanks Renato, I have managed to pick up a set here in Australia.

I agree it would be easier if Aoshima gave us the choose, but I think it has some thing to do with licensing

from the chap who owns the 1:1 MM1

I agree it would be easier if Aoshima gave us the choose, but I think it has some thing to do with licensing

Can I buy that one off you? haha

Im not sure I understand.....the Aoshima kit is labelled as the Interceptor, Mad Max2, the MPF logos(decals) and on their website has the trademark disclosure.

Aoshima has repeatedly said on their Facebook page that they have always wanted to do the MM1, have contacted the license owner (apparently the owner of the 1:1 car), but are unable to secure a license.

Can I buy that one off you? haha

No you can't because it belongs to me & it's on loan & no I'm not selling, haha. Someone needs to take the bull by the horns & just cast a set & start selling. If the company that made them is no longer in business , what's the problem. Companies go out of business all the time & other companies will fill the need, it's called supply & demand & it's smart business practice.

No you can't because it belongs to me & it's on loan & no I'm not selling, haha. Someone needs to take the bull by the horns & just cast a set & start selling. If the company that made them is no longer in business , what's the problem. Companies go out of business all the time & other companies will fill the need, it's called supply & demand & it's smart business practice.

i have the AFX kit believe me its crossed my mind before but my integrity wont allow me to do so, i live by a code as a caster and im sure other casters do as well.

Aoshima has repeatedly said on their Facebook page that they have always wanted to do the MM1, have contacted the license owner (apparently the owner of the 1:1 car), but are unable to secure a license.

If I owned the MM1...I would sooooo let Aoshima do it.....Its not everyday that a car you own becomes ...immortalized!..I would have them come over and allow them to 3d scan every nut and bolt,every ding and dent! I would want MY car to be modelled as accurately as possible.

i have the AFX kit believe me its crossed my mind before but my integrity wont allow me to do so, i live by a code as a caster and im sure other casters do as well.

Can you make YOUR own masters using the A/fx as a guide for accuracy and cast those....and make millions of dollars and satisfy millions of model car fans?

There's a guy that owns the actual Interceptor from the movie? I thought it was destroyed at the end of The Road Warrior? I know there's a lot of replicas but I thought the only actual movie cars that were left were wrecks in Broken Hill?

After doing a little reading the Interceptor was sold a few times and apparently resides in a collectors museum in Florida. They had offered it for sale after Mad Max and had no takers so the car was modified and used in The Road Warrior. After that it was sold to a collector.

Ok...so the front clip was designed by Peter Arcadipane which made front clips for the Falcon..its was listed as Falcon Nosecone $212.75.. .It was offered as aftermarket that you could order from a catalogue. Peter also designed the trunk spoiler.... Can Aoshima get permission from Peter to produce the front clip?...and sell it as aftermarket part....separate from the Interceptor kit ....the rest of the car (bonnet, rear glass, trunk lid and comparment is from Ford. problem solved?

Edited by samurai7