Model Cars Magazine Forum

Super September Showdown IX is in the books!

Daniel Peterson

In a nutshell...449 registered entries. 200 pairs of feet through the door. Lots of people asking if there was an ATM nearby. 22 tropihes awarded, lots of happy vendors, lots of satisfied participants.

I have to give a round of applause to the CPMCC members who helped out, the trophy sponsors, door prize donors, contest participants, Len at Fantastic Plastics and all the vendors. They made it happen. Our announcer Tom Gunshannon kept people posted on what was going on, and club prez Mike Cole doled out the trophies. Jim Weir managed to get all those throphies engraved and delivered, even the one he dropped last week and managed to replace in time for the show!

A special big time thanks to Karen Putt, who in addition to putting up with Vince, setup a photo rig and shot dozens of participants' models. Lyle shot every single model on the table, and he among others should have photos posted soon.

All I can say is "thanks"...about a million times!

And yes, there will be a 10th Super September Showdown in 2009. Mark your calendars for September 13th, 2009. It already booked!!

Edited by Daniel Peterson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It's looking as if 4 or 5 of us West By God Virginia boyz' (really old boyz' :huh: ) will be making the show for the first time. Save us some table space! :P LOL
OH NOOOOOOOOOOO! Not you, how the heck am I going to win!!! :angry:;):( Just bsing my friend, it would be a pleasure to talk and share with you again!!! Make sure to bring that awesome VW which will be winning best of show!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

OH NOOOOOOOOOOO! Not you, how the heck am I going to win!!! :lol::(:blink: Just bsing my friend, it would be a pleasure to talk and share with you again!!! Make sure to bring that awesome VW which will be winning best of show!!! :blink::blink:

There you go counting those chickens again Cruz'. :D It will be great to finally make this show and see you again. Looks like 4 of us coming at last count, leaving Morgantown at 4am. should get there when the doors open.

There you go counting those chickens again Cruz'. :D It will be great to finally make this show and see you again. Looks like 4 of us coming at last count, leaving Morgantown at 4am. should get there when the doors open.
Great, I will see you guys up there!!!!! ;)

Karen and I will be there she'll be taking photos for Model Cars. I'll be hoping to get back to work soon to pay the bills for all the camera supplies she bought. Word of advice to all DON'T Ever tell your wife to take up a hobby unless it's model car building! She's turning into "High Maintenance"

Karen and I will be there she'll be taking photos for Model Cars. I'll be hoping to get back to work soon to pay the bills for all the camera supplies she bought. Word of advice to all DON'T Ever tell your wife to take up a hobby unless it's model car building! She's turning into "High Maintenance"

VINCE!! We hadn't heard from you and were starting to wonder if you had gone deep under cover for some vigilante justice...whether you did or not, we'll be glad to see you and Karen tomorrow!

And a special thanks to Karen in advance!!!! You better treat her right, high mainenance or not. She's a keeper!

In a nutshell...449 registered entries. 200 pairs of feet through the door. Lots of people asking if there was an ATM nearby. 22 tropihes awarded, lots of happy vendors, lots of satisfied participants.

I have to give a round of applause to the CPMCC members who helped out, the trophy sponsors, door prize donors, contest participants, Len at Fantastic Plastics and all the vendors. They made it happen. Our announcer Tom Gunshannon kept people posted on what was going on, and club prez Mike Cole doled out the trophies. Jim Weir managed to get all those throphies engraved and delivered, even the one he dropped last week and managed to replace in time for the show!

A special big time thanks to Karen Putt, who in addition to putting up with Vince, setup a photo rig and shot dozens of participants' models. Lyle shot every single model on the table, and he among others should have photos posted soon.

All I can say is "thanks"...about a million times!

And yes, there will be a 10th Super September Showdown in 2009. Mark your calendars for September 13th, 2009. It already booked!!

Can't WAIT till next year, I love going to this! :lol: We sure had a great turnout and some were asking me about ATM's also :( This was just a great event and Karen did an AMAZING job with the photography, the setup was incredible and she was really getting it done. :lol:

Well I got mine posted, took a bit uploading, and I only took half! :blink: