Model Cars Magazine Forum

First we had the "S" word............ Now how about the "R" word.

Ramfins59

A lot of people buy so called "off road" vehicles and the only time they're really off road is when the vehicle is in their driveway. What a waste of money. But the car dealers like it, and the manufacturers love it!

Eh, the way our roads are during the winter, I've considered converting my Jeep into a prerunner to handle the rougher roads at speedlimit!

BTW, the practice day today went smoothly, hope that's a good omen for the months to follow!

I've spent all my winters here in the Midwest and NEVER had any need for a 4WD vehicle or so called "off road" vehicle.

Glad to hear your practice went well today and hopefully it IS a good omen for months to follow. Hopefully the weather will get warmer as well.

We've done FWD, RWD, and 4wd in my family and you're right, you don't need 4wd, but it's a pretty darn nice option to have a available :D

Usually the first few races of the season have either rainouts, sudden downpours, mid race rain cancelations, freezing cold temps, or the timing system laptop or the transponders have tantrums and freak out. Once we hit July, things tend to go well other than occasionally oppressive heat.

I'm not sure what the actual rain totals have been for us here in the Pittsburgh Metro, but it has been a case where every week the 10 day forecast had 7 out of every 10 days with a 50% or better chance of rain. There's only 3 in this next 10 day stretch...my yard is a jungle, and I need to get my Spring painting done before the "Triple H" of Summer shows up.

Woke up this morning to my wife saying it was 49* in the bedroom, so she popped the heat back on. That was short lived, it's now a very nice 69* and sunny. Found a million tadpoles on my pool cover this morning when I went to adjust the cover pump. Oh well, the pump puts them all in the creek so hopefully they'll survive and wind up a bit down stream.

The 10 day forecast says next Saturday will be sunny and 70* which is good since we're having a whole neighborhood garage sale. I spent the weekend cleaning out the garage and I'm amazed at how much junk we've amassed in the 4 years we've been here! My wife had brought home contributions from my daughters so I have this fear that we'll have more junk than we started out with at the end of the sale.

I was in Westmont after work tonight and had to fill up on the way home so I stopped at a Speedway in Downers Grove that carried E85 and it started pouring while I was filling the car and the amount lightening was incredable, I all but got soaked standing under under the canopy while filling the car and then walking to and from the building!

20140520_200957_zpsryvnaw56.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Rain?

What's that?

^ What he said ^

In the first six months of this year it has rained on two days.

Drought conditions exist throughout the southwest. Fire warnings include California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and parts of Utah.

Windy too.

Not good.

G

G

^ What he said ^

In the first six months of this year it has rained on two days.

Drought conditions exist throughout the southwest. Fire warnings include California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and parts of Utah.

Windy too.

Not good.

G

G

Yes...hot, dry, dusty, disgusting here in the desert void.