Model Cars Magazine Forum

Photo-Etch wire wheels "15 1/24 or 1/25th

I remember seeing a set somewheres online for a specific car but they would have worked for what I needed them for. I am putting wire wheels on my Aston Martin DB5 I am fiddling with. Don't remember who made them but it was a multi step process to form the rims.

All the above plus Model Factory Hiro and KA models offer wire wheel options. Most are in the 15 inch wheel size. You need to decide what lacing pattern best suits and whether you need big and littles (some are same size front and rear). And don't forget the awesome styrene chrome set on the AMT 65 Riviera and Fujimi sells some styrene sets as well.

One caveat -- I got the Model Factory Hiro Borranis for my 1/25 Monogram/Aurora Maserati GT (a sister kit to your Aston) and they're really too large at 1/24. They appear to have been designed for a Ferrari GTO, with the rear wheels being slightly larger and wider.

I did receive the wire wheels from Tom's Model Works . I cannot get to my tires at the moment . I bought the 1/32 for an Antique project (1/25-1/24 1902 Rambler - Kay Sun - Strombecker - Hawk) , and a Scratch built 1901 Olds Curved Dash .

The 1/28 scale wheels for a more believable '20's Porter (My Mother the Car) . I'll let you know when I mock these up . Nice wheels , tow different styles in a set . I am not sure these will work for 15" in 1/25th. . Thanx ..