Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Chevy hardtop

crazyjim

I used the custom parts from the kit to build this puppy and used HOK organic green kandy over a planet green basecoat. Then everything got covered with Nason 2 part urethane, sanded, polished and waxed. The interior features a full length console with bucket seats in each corner.

001.jpg

0012.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

After taking the pics I noticed the radiator hose was missing. It's on there now.

Very nice looking '57 Chevy! The colors are not very typical, but they look great on this body anyway. Nice engine detailing too and smooth paint work. You always do great work, Jim. Just wish that the guys in the backseat have short legs. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

The colors are not may taste Jim.

the funny thing is, that my Bro made the same 57 as a custom with the same color. Just thought when i saw the first picture: "what the...my Bro's Chevy?!?" But, yours is no topchop, so it is another on.

You made a good job, looks as one style from front to end. Well done Jim! Well done.

But, only a mistake, if it is allowed. around the tail lights, i am missing some paint. I think, mounting the tail lights, they fittet very strong? perhaps you can take a brush and the color to paint the scratches it very carefully (very very carefully!).