Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Olds Cutlass 442

TheRX7Project

Having not completed a model in over a year, I decided I'd go through my stash and build something simple but fun. AMT Olds 442 kit built as a "Day 2" car, completely OOB except air cleaner and scratchbuilt exhaust using the kit's mufflers. I'm a little unhappy with the stance (seems a little nose-up) but not unhappy enough to pull it apart :) and although I put in a lot of sanding to make them go away, the mold lines on the B-pillar are still somewhat noticeable.

This was my first time using embossing powder for carpet and I love it. Also my first time using BMF to this extent- there's a lot of trim on this car- and although it's not perfect, I'm quite happy with how it came out.

Comments and constructive criticism welcome.

20150212_0937341_zpsmzhiui4b.jpg

20150212_0938021_zpsdybbfl4c.jpg

20150212_0939571_zpslgvc5gsb.jpg

20150212_0939311_zpspxtb2eby.jpg

20150212_0939121_zpsreue0ian.jpg

20150212_0938211_zpsf9pr9xgh.jpg

Nice color and clean built. The only thing I'm missing is the chrome trim around the windows and wheel house ;) Maybe next time?

Actually the window trim is there- the color just makes it hard to see. Really sucks too because it's my first time doing so much foiling and I didn't do too bad!

Thanks for the compliments guys!