Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford

Darrell Gwinn

Dirk, this is looking really cool. Nice rod taking shape, the section job looks great.

Thanks a lot!

Looking great, are you going to post this on TRaK in Scale, or is this too new (post 1969)? I just looked over there and didn't find it.

Ill post it over there tomorrow probably when I get some more progress pics

Just a small update, right now Im layin out the new front frame rails, getting ready to glue it all together. Then Im thinkin of using some bullet center caps on the rear wheels, i kind of like em long but i may shorten them up a bit.

100_0102.jpg

100_0105.jpg

Edited by Dirk

Another quick mock up. Found some white walls for the rear, since theyre narrower than the last slicks i had on there I put some shallower mags on the back. Set the 409 in there to see how its gonna look. I need to get pics to see how to set up the blower with six 2 barrels, just kinda rigged that up for now just to see how tall it would be.

100_0107.jpg

100_0108.jpg

Edited by Dirk

the way you have your induction looks right to me maybe you would want to run two small rails next to the carbs to connect the fuel line, then have a line meeting a spot on the firewall. but so far it looks right. i really like the frame rails it looks like your really mixing diffrent styles well kinda east coast with the how low it is as well as the body mods then you kinda get a gasser/altered look with the holes punched in the frame rails. this is gonna be a cool ride for sure.

This thing is ready for Chevrolet orange!

100_0116-1.jpg

100_0111.jpg

I had to back track a bit the other day since when i was putting the front and back frame rails together I saw that the front was a little crooked so i had to disassemble it and get it straighted out. To the naked eye it still looks crooked, but when i run a straight line down the middle of the whole chassis it all lines up nice.... It's frustrating but it will have to do, next time Ill come up with a better way to do it...lol

that is just nice. I like the wheels on it. Where did you get them. I dont know if you posted this already but whats the color gona be. Flake candy flat. I would go with a purple or plum candy color.

The front wheels are from the Dyno Don 61 Impala and the rear wheels are from the Jolly Roger show car. If you go up and see the cougar body, thats the color this will be.