Model Cars Magazine Forum

more stuff for the truck stash..

well, I had to go out to Buffalo NY for training for work [chevy dealer] this week. I drove out yesterday afternoon. a few days before I left, I e-mailed Fred of Fred's Model World [ fredsmodelworldonline.com ]and told him I'd be in the area Wednesday, and would it be possible to stop over and look at some kits. he was kind enough to make plans with me to meet up while I was out there. so, Wednesday night I went over and took a look at what he had 'in stock', it was happy time for me :D had a lot of real cool stuff, and for a fresh change of pace, he had very, and I mean very, realistic prices. I picked up a few kits, and to be honest, if I would have had more money with me, i'd of bought more, but i'm sure I will be out there again in the future for work. here is what I picked up,

photo_zps2cffc740.jpg

photo_zps9560f272.jpg

photo_zpsa3f9d8a7.jpg

photo_zps4418a67c.jpg

check out his site, and if you're looking for something, give him a call. if I remember right, he said in December he would be getting quite a few more truck kits in. I know as of wed night he had a few different truck kits left, and some trailers [older amt stuff].

I know this isn't really the spot to post this, but as it's mostly truck related, I thought it best so you truckers would be sure to see it.

~tbill

Be careful dealing with this guy. He used to be cool to deal with but has gotten flaky if you are using the website or phone. He'll tell you he has stuff in stock then he 'can't find it' and you're sol. Or if you are looking for something specific he'll keep an eye out for it, tell you he got one in and then sell it out from under you. Don't bother with his mailing list. By the time it mails out most everything is already gone. Hope you guys have better luck.

Be careful dealing with this guy. He used to be cool to deal with but has gotten flaky if you are using the website or phone. He'll tell you he has stuff in stock then he 'can't find it' and you're sol. Or if you are looking for something specific he'll keep an eye out for it, tell you he got one in and then sell it out from under you. Don't bother with his mailing list. By the time it mails out most everything is already gone. Hope you guys have better luck.

all I can say is I had a good trip there, plus it was only 20 minutes from where I was staying, so it was a win/win for me.

Yeah!!he did me the same way a number of times,so I stopped monkeying with him.