Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Corvette 327 fuel injection details

i have been searching now for about 2 hours for up close pics of the engine for this corvette ,, at best i can run a lot of the fuel injection lines to give an indication at best but i want to get as detailed as much as possible , aside from spending 85 dollars for a chilton manual for this ( i am crazy ,but not that crazy ) ,, does anyone have a very detailed pics of this engine ,, this is my next build and it wont be a hack job like the stock car i am doing

Anne, there's a GORGEOUS '62 Fuelie 'Vette on eBay right now. Some engine shots, but tons of interior and undercarriage pics as well. The link that Bill gave you was a good one as it shows just where things are going. I've done like you and have bought shop manuals in the past if I want to get superdetailed. Sometimes the 'net just doesn't have all what I need as far as how and where lines are run.

If you click on the pic below, it'll take you right to the auction...........

1962ChevyCorvetteFuelie51.jpg

Edit: Also Anne, you could always post your question on the various and sundry Corvette Forums out there on the 'net, to give you more info on what you might want. I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help as some of them may be model builders as well. Some of them may be restoring a '62 and would have some excellent photos.

Edited by MrObsessive

When I get in a pinch, I always check "cars-on-line.com". It's an online sales site that can sometimes come with many photos, and all makes are represented as well as years. I find it particularly handy for stock interiors.

the fuel injection system on the 62 vette (and most if not all early vettes) was made by Rochester.

I suggest these google search (and image search) words: "rochester fuel injection" or "1962 rochester fuel injection" mechanical fuel injection can also be used to search on but I think you'll get too many other types of injection systems.

I came up with pages of reference photos and sites using these search words.

Edited by blunc