Model Cars Magazine Forum

1:8 32' roadster

pstreet

well i picked this kit up about five months or so ago from my local hobby shop that was having an awesome weekend sale. started out working on it every chance i got, and was making good progress until the carbs melted in an off brand paint stripper, which in effect pissed me off and made me not want to work on it. but after staring at it on my bench for a while now with other projects getting completed, its gotten to bugging me and im making it my goal to finish it.

heres where im at now, its been stepped front and rear, shaved, channeled etc.

alot more work to go but itll get there.

also, if anyone has a lead on some carbs or a duvall windshield id be interested, let me know.

32l.jpg

32lr.jpg

32rearend.jpg

32rearsetup.jpg

32channelfill.jpg

I can help ya out with the carbs, pm me your mailing addy.

Mike Gradis at edeuce.com has a beautiful metal duval windshield.

He has them on e bay sometimes also. Just do a search for him or duval in toys & hobbies / 1/8.

PS, nice going so far on the Deuce.

• 4 weeks later...

geez, work has been kicking my butt lately. got a free hour earlier today to start a new floor board. hopefully i can make as much progress as possible tonite, here's where i stand now. i need to add the tunnel and filler pieces for the channel...

sorry about the picture quality, the old lady did a number on my camera. :)

DSCN1510.jpg

DSCN1511.jpg

DSCN1512.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

well ive made a tiny bit of progress. ive finished all the filler panels for the channel job, and ive roughed in threaded body mounts to the frame so the body can be removed if need be, just need to figure out a way to clean their appearance up a bit. next task is to box the rails in and figure out how to fit a gas tank and radiator in the trunk area.

P4050003.jpg

P4050006.jpg

well ive done a bit of weathering to the engine, and have decided to change out the spark plug wires for a black or yellow set, but realized after i cut the red set that i can no longer find my instructions to tell me which wire goes where in the distributor, awesome.

can anyone guide me in the right direction, ive searched the net to no avail.

P4080002.jpg

P4080001.jpg

P4080003.jpg

Edited by pstreet

Good looking channel job. You can slam it even lower and get a good rake if you Z the front of the frame and leave the rear stock.

thanks for the tip old hermit. the only reason i did it the way i did is because i wanted to keep it looking like an extremely heavy channel on a stock frame, my Z is right on the floorboard kick so it gets hidden by the body.

P4090006.jpg

well ive done a bit of weathering to the engine, and have decided to change out the spark plug wires for a black or yellow set, but realized after i cut the red set that i can no longer find my instructions to tell me which wire goes where in the distributor, awesome.

can anyone guide me in the right direction, ive searched the net to no avail.

In 1950's to 1979 Pontiacs #1 on the distributor cap is in front just left of center.

The kit had a magneto so if I'm not mistaken # 1 would be top left.

The firing order on all Pontiac engines is

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

The cylinders on all Pontiac engines are numbered front to back;

Driver-side: 1-3-5-7 Passenger-side: 2-4-6-8

Ps, nice Z

Edited by old-hermit

• 2 weeks later...

as i sat at my bench last night i noticed that the body looked a little tall compared to the seat and windshield height, so two scale inches came out of the sides. i still need to chop the doors down and fix the rear pan but i must say im much happier with the look now.

P4170020.jpg

P4170029.jpg

P4170031.jpg

P4170032.jpg

P4170040.jpg

P4170041.jpg

P4170042.jpg

oh! i see it now, that quater window kept throwing me off!

heres an idea for the windshield(that i think would look pretty badd a0 get some aluminum and make the frame, then get realy thin plexi glass and voila' you have a windshield. plus the aluminum would look killer on it! B)