Model Cars Magazine Forum

STACY DAVID/REVELL MODEL KITS CHAMPIONSHIPS

Dr. Cranky

Ok, just to clear it up, it states NOTHING in the rules about "purchasing a brand new model from a store, website, etc". This question was asked on Revell's official Facebook page and was answered very simply...take a look:

revell.jpg

I for one am building the Dodge Ram VTS truck, since I already have it AND because I have something bad-friggin-ass planned for it!

Well, there you go! 'Nuff said. :huh:

Thems that makes the rules gets to change the rules or dump the rules if'n thems wants ta!

Just like it always works: Doesn't matter what they write in the rules, it's all in how they interpret it or enforce it. Or not.

{And, we can all show them! If we only enter kits we already have, this big 'ole contest will result in zero bump in new sales! That'll show 'em!

Just wait 'til next year.}

:huh:

PS: Good one, alarmstrong! Good one!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else going to enter the Revell Model Car Championships? I bought my 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 from Michael's yesterday and got started right away. This will be my first attempt at any type of Championship or even competing at all. Not much goes on in Va for models. :angry: Compared to last years winner's, I highly doubt I'll even place. But I enjoy putting Models together and you never know unless you try. If you need more information on the Championship, check out the link. The cool thing about this years Championship, it they will allow Modern Muscle Cars, Trucks (Small PU- Big Rigs), as well as WWII Airplanes. You get all the info and Rules at the link below.

Revell/ GearZ Model Car Championship- http://www.revell.com/contest/revellgearz2013.html

• 1 month later...

any updates on this

is the camaro 2 and 1 2002 eligable i couldnt find it on flyer i got at hobby lobby for the championships

its the only one on this site list of kits i have started and could finish in time

Updates? It's going on right now and ends May 15th, so get busy!

Post #20 has a link to Revell's site and a list of eligible kits.

• 1 month later...

They have a very specific set of rules posted on the site about what is eligible for box stock and unlimited. I'm assuming you are entering box stock, and I am pretty sure I read on there that you cannot use custom decals, but I would definitely read them yourself because I am only about 80% sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi for everyone else that entered into the contest this year did you guys not get the "Thank You" page to this year?...I hope they got mine??? :(

Lets see a raise of hands for those that got it and for those that didnt please?...I just want to make sure that im not the only one if i am then ill contact revell... :wacko:

i got the Thank You page

The file size was misleading. It was not 2mb/image it was 2mb TOTAL. Took me 3 tries to figure it out. I'm pretty certain they didn't see my Nova last year because of that :(

you must have been doing something wrong. the rules state: submit....up to five (5) photos of your model (up to 2 MB per image).

the 5 photos i submitted this year was just over 4 megs combined

last year and the year before was also over 4 megs. i remember the 1st year i had 7 megs total and i won the thing so i know it wasn't 2 megs total

Well that is interesting. Last year my photos were just under 2mb each and I don't recall receiving a thank you message. This year the first 3 tries they were all under 2mb but it was not until the total was under 2mb that I got the thank you.

I have been struggling with the entry process every year so far. I think I got in this year and last year because I got the thank you page, but not the year before. You would think that after 3 years they would have this figured out by now. <_<