Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Fury Station Wagon

jsc

OK, one of my favorite cars when I was younger was a '68 Plymouth Fury Wagon. Since I like re-creating my youth, I wanted to build one

First, the wrong way: Buy a fairly rare Fury 4 door, and cut it up.post-10106-0-32424300-1361573542_thumb.j

Then, the right way: Found a resin version of the wagon, post-10106-0-05649000-1361573613_thumb.j

So I'm also now trying to put the 4 door back together!

post-10106-0-35268300-1361573577_thumb.j

Good thing I've got the weekend. More later!

Waaaay back in the summer of '79 me & 4 friends drove up to Lake Placid, NY to go camping in one. Drove to Montreal, Ausible Chasmn, etc. We lost our power brake assist coming down White Face Mountain.... talk about childhood memories!!!!!

But it was one of the most memorable weeks of my life. And that big Gold Fury was part of it. Thanks for giving the grey matter a jog....

I have Jeff's wagon downstairs and I'll be getting to it at some point in the next year or so, I think.

I can honestly say that Jeff casts great parts and just from fiddling with it a little, it'll be a nice kit to put together. I have a spare 383 floating around that I'll be using and have pretty much settled on the color scheme.

It's nice to see someone else building one of these.

Charlie Larkin

in 1968 Hemis were orange, all LA (small blocks) and slant sixes in cars were all red ,All big blocks were Turqoise, except some late Roadrunner 383s, and Slant Sixes in trucks were yellow. Blue was introduced in 1969 on Small blocks

I tried to do some research, and finding different colors for different engines, chose the color I wanted. Lol!

I've been working on the roof rack, and hope to have it finished this week.

-John

in 1968 Hemis were orange, all LA (small blocks) and slant sixes in cars were all red ,All big blocks were Turqoise, except some late Roadrunner 383s, and Slant Sixes in trucks were yellow. Blue was introduced in 1969 on Small blocks

Correct! All high performance engines (police) were also orange

Chrysler had strange ideas when it came to painting engines. There is a reference to some slant sixes possibly being turqoise in 67 and 68, but no one can confirm if they were. When in doubt pick the color you like, the factory did.