Model Cars Magazine Forum

1996 Revell: 1965 Chevy Stepside Pickup and Hemi-Hydro

It was the first time I had ever seen a kit at a yard sale. I was actually driving past it and saw the big box in the yard,I then whipped a massive U-turn and went back to get it,lol. Check antique shops and flea markets also,I have seen a good bit of kits at those places but the prices are usually more than what I'd be willing to pay.

Glad you're here and getting into the groove. If you're a starting modeler, you've done quite well, and it's very clean.

However, I'll go against the grain with all the compliments posted on this thread. I don't think all that applause does you any favors. This model really needs a lot more attention to detail, including chrome trim touches and especially the dashboard detail. There's a pretty high standard on this forum, and you would get even more accolades if you took a few extra steps.

Edited by sjordan2

I am not new to modelling just new to the forum,I have been building for 27yrs. Yea,I agree that the chrome needs a retouch but I dont feel that a dab of silver paint is sufficient. Do you have any suggestions on something better to use? I overlooked parts of the dash on purpose. This only because out of the package the detail of the guages,etc was poorly done from the mold,also no decals for the cluster was included. Usually I fully detail my dashes using a finely sharpened toothpick under a microscope,this simply could not be done with this model.