Model Cars Magazine Forum

So... about the Canada Post...

She makes a good buck as a full time unionized worker. But she even says that she gets paid for doing nothing all day.

Yeah, there's nothing like a union "job"... :lol:

No wonder all the union people are screaming about giving up some of their perks and goodies. They have it made!

Don't blame all those slow deliveries on Canada Post. I ordered some Bare Metal Foil which was "shipped" to me on April 19th this year. Here's where it's been since then:

A message from Randy at Bare Metal Foil. (Thanks to him for his diligence on following this up for me.)

(Quote)

"The order shipped on 04/19/11. It went out USPS First Class Mail. The customs form number is LC038836155US. I tracked the package. It appears to be taking a circular route. The information states that it left Michigan, went to Illinois, and then was in Georgia on May 1st. I don't know why this is happening.

But I had a customer from Canada inquire last week about his order. I requested that he try contacting USPS about the package. His order arrived about a week after his initial inquiry. The post office told him at the three week mark that the package was about 3-6 days from delivery. They felt that was still within a usual time frame for delivery. It did arrived a few days after he contacted USPS.

Regards,

Randy P. Mason

Bare-Metal Foil Co.

248 477-0813

(end of quote)

And here's what USPS had to say:

Service Type: International Letters and Cards Shipment Activity Location Date & Time--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Processed through Sort ATLANTA GA 30369 05/01/11 12:41amFacility

Processed through Sort ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL 60007 04/30/11 1:40amFacility

Processed through Sort ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL 60007 04/29/11 11:59pmFacility

Acceptance FARMINGTON MI 48336 04/19/11 1:27pm

So, it was last seen on May 1st when it was processed through Atlanta, Georgia, almost two weeks after it was mailed. Where it has gone since then is a complete mystery as I still don't have it and USPS have no further record.

Is it Canada Post or USPS....... who knows?

So, it was last seen on May 1st when it was processed through Atlanta, Georgia, almost two weeks after it was mailed. Where it has gone since then is a complete mystery as I still don't have it and USPS have no further record.

Is it Canada Post or USPS....... who knows?

Obviously your foil is taking the scenic route! ;)

I've always heard that Canada had a pretty good system outside of Quebec (bad things have happened there... oh the pictures I can show of what they have done in customs to cars worth hundreds and thousands) but again that's just from what I've heard. I hope this doesn't have a ripple effect though...

What did they do to those cars? Never heard about that... Besides, customs are under Canada's Federal Government jurisdiction, Quebec doesn't have anything to do with customs.

Don't get me started about Canada Post. My paychecks get mailed out of Edmonton for the exotic destination of San Diego, CA. The first one never arrived and was returned 4 weeks later. The second one is now MIA for two weeks. Express mail comes through within a few days and they don't get lost, presumably due ti the tracking number. But, this is ridiculous.

Contrastingly, the US postal service is the consumate "theory X" organization. They monitor their employees to an extent that would make a hawk look like a slacker. But the mail does get through and quickly. Unfortunately, the USPS is going bankrupt; victims of email and online payments. They're left delivering mostly no-profit junk mail.