Model Cars Magazine Forum

'08 Diorama Cars

novadose71

Well, another year and another club diorama has been planned. Our first club build day will be in the next couple weeks. I am going to try to post all my cars for this year right here. So far I have 5 underway(3 prepped for paint work, one halfway done,one almost complete) and I'll post pics as the paint starts to fly.

Here is my first car, it's about 50% done. AMT 56 Victoria, OOB build with some light weathering. The interior still needs to get two toned, with a darker green. Then I can BMF, assemble and weather it.

victoria021.jpg

Also in the works:

59 El Camino mild custom

48 Chevrolet Aerosedan

Chris Craft boat

Alfa Romeo Guilletta Spider

I passed up overtime for this week, so hopefully I'll have a bit more to post when the weekend is over. Until then, see ya, thanks for stoppin'.

Edited by novadose71

• 2 weeks later...

About 6 weeks to go and a little progress to report. Interior of 56 is done(besides weathering) and I finished foiling the body this morning too(no pic yet).

Dio08085.jpg

59 El Camino mild custom pulling a Chris craft boat. This is the next one to get painted, hopefully this coming weekend. I've also added a 36 Ford into the mix, it will get some rust, some weathering and being a diorama car, no chassis detail.

Dio08079.jpg

That's all folks.

Edited by novadose71

• 2 weeks later...

My 56 Victoria is close to finished, just need to weather the body and interior. Final assembly will be done after the placement of the figures is decided on as a club, and said figures are suitibly modified. I was having a blast with the Rustall on my 36 ford, and went a little further than I had planned. I was going to build it as a high school beeter rod, now it's a farm car. I need to add some mud and dust, paint the interior, and add a farmer and possibly a wife. I believe thats all. No overtime this weekend so I hope to wrap these two up, paint the El Camino body, start painting the boat, and maybe clean my model room a bit, that would be nice but........yeah right

Dio08128.jpg

Dio08137.jpg

Dio08145.jpg

Dio08143.jpg

Edited by novadose71

All the builds for this diorama are supposed to be Circa 1961. I got my 59 El Camino painted this past weekend. Wimbledon White and Chrysler dark bronze. It was going to be white over bronze but I decided to flip the paint colors at the last minute to match the boat. I'll probably paint the boat sides white and with the woodgrain top, hopefully it will look good look good behind the El Camino. Some chrome reverse(or spiders) might be in order also. I started to tuck n roll the seat to match the tonneau cover with some Evergreen half round styrene. I don't know if I am going with the dark bronze from the body(with satin clear) on the tuck n roll, or a pearl white, either way, the boat interior will match. Any idea's or opinions on the interior color, or anything else, feel free to speak your mind. Thanks for stoppin. Have a wonderful day.

ElCam007.jpg

ElCam020.jpg

Wow, Novadose...This '56 Ford is so much (yet so understated) I have to say I am inspired.

I am doing a dio of my youth, with some of my many cars, mostly hot rods. (T's, A's, '32, '33, '34, I could go on!)

High school rides were: severely raked '46 Tudor sedan, dropped w/radiused fenderwells '36 five-window, '40 Coupe w/Buick 364, and my white '56 Ford ragtop. (no slouch, @ 14.20, 92 MPH, 'C' Stock, Fremont, CA)

I pulled a '56 kit and began, thanks to this thread. The '56 is simple, and the '36 is next. Thanks for knowin' what I needed to do! :)