Model Cars Magazine Forum

................My Kustom 1956 Ford Truck build.

MARAUDER

This is my 1956 Ford truck, chopped the roof, tilted the b-pillar,sectioned the cab and hood, replaced the box with the back of a corvette, cut out the vette sides to fit in the box rear fenders, the rear fender is just sitting in place not lined up or anything, the rear window surround is also not in place, the engine area is now in the back, as i have my gt-40 engine/chassis set up to fit neatly in the rear, using gt-40 suspension front and back, and floorpan , the interior is also gt-40, the tires i'm not sure what i'm using just yet, but will be proportional and tidy, not overkill, i still have to decide weather i'm keeping the rear of the vette or to change it up with something else,the rear window of the cab is also curved forward and not just tilted forward, giving it a smooter more round look, i still haven't decided on the grill either, lots of ideas tho, i've never been one to think inside the box on any of my models. i'm still trying to figure out the camera I bought, so, please bare with me...

Thanks for taking time to look at my truck....

Rob. ;)

and thanks to MikeMc,, I think I'll be moving the front fender openings and tire's/suspension forward, mite seem alot to do for such a project, but the final look of the project that will benefit from it all.

thanks again.

Rob.

073-1.jpg

074.jpg

072.jpg

075.jpg

077.jpg

076.jpg

036.jpg

026.jpg

028.jpg

031.jpg

Edited by MARAUDER

this is my 1956 Ford truck, chopped the roof, sectioned the cab and hood, replaced the box with the back of a corvette, cut out the vette sides to fit in the box rear fenders, the rear fender is just sitting in place, not lined up or anything, the rear window surround is also not in place, the engine area in front is now in the back, as i have my gt-40 engine/chassis set up to fit neatly in the rear, using gt-40 suspension front and back, and floorpan that fits gap-less-ly to the lower outer perimiter of the truck body, the interior is also gt-40, the tires i'm not sure what i'm using just yet, but will be proportional and tidy, not overkill, i still have to decide weather i'm keeping the rear of the vette or to change it up with something else, i'm also thinking of making it a right hand drive, this is something i've done to lots of my older models to change it up, it's also helped me win in some shows as it stands out from the other models, easy to do and draws attention, the rear window of the cab is also curved forward and not just tilted forward, giving it a smooter more round look, i still haven't decided on the grill either, lots of ideas tho, i've never been one to think inside the box on any of my models. i'm still trying to figure out the camera i bought today, so please bare with me. i don't know how to fit more pics than i'm allowed rite now, maybe someone can give me some advice.

thanks for taking time to look at my truck

rob.

http://public.fotki..../072.html#media

http://public.fotki..../073.html#media

http://public.fotki..../074.html#media

http://public.fotki..../075.html#media

http://public.fotki..../076.html#media

http://public.fotki..../077.html#media

http://public.fotki..../078.html#media

http://public.fotki..../079.html#media

Hey Rob smile.gif

Glad to see you were able to post more pics - Except most of us "HATE THUMBNAILS" laugh.gif.

When I first joined here, my posts came out the same way, but I asked for HELP on a thread I posted called "HELP", in the general section, and several members came to my rescue.

I don't remember now how to make the change, but if I can do it anyone can tongue.gif .

Hope to see more of this truck in the future as you've got great idea's and a good start on it - dave smile.gif

OMG, i just read the post on how to post pictures properly, and

i got it right, i love it, even tho my pics don't look at great

i like that i am now able to post the same size pictures as i like

to see on everyone else's posts, yay me, haha

rob

OMG, i just read the post on how to post pictures properly, and

i got it right, i love it, even tho my pics don't look at great

i like that i am now able to post the same size pictures as i like

to see on everyone else's posts, yay me, haha

rob

Congrats my friend - ya got it cool.gif .

Pics turned out great and the truck is cool. Keep us posted on updates - dave smile.gif

074.jpg

I like the leaned-forward B-pillars, but I think adding a more complimentary angle at the rear of the truck (i.e. tailgate) would make it look even better. Ditto for the windshield angle and the nose of the truck, whatever you decide to do up front.

The Vette rear body is different, but if you're using GT-40 stuff on the rest of the truck, why not use the GT-40 rear body section?

I love the sectioning you gave the truck, especially going through the hood. The stock hoods are way too tall for a rod/custom.

I started on a very similar '55 years ago when I bought the Monogram kit, and your pics reminded me why mine didn't get too far- the fenders, left stock, look massive and ruin the thinning/chopping/sectioning work which has been done on the rest of the body. I couldn't come up with a good way to decrease the massiveness of the are between the front fenders in the grille area, either, since the fenders didn't look right with the bottom few inches removed and the wheel arches moved upwards.

Edited by Casey

I like the leaned-forward B-pillars, but I think adding a more complimentary angle at the rear of the truck (i.e. tailgate) would make it look even better. Ditto for the windshield angle and the nose of the truck, whatever you decide to do up front.

The Vette rear body is different, but if you're using GT-40 stuff on the rest of the truck, why not use the GT-40 rear body section?

I love the sectioning you gave the truck, especially going through the hood. The stock hoods are way too tall for a rod/custom.

I started on a very similar '55 years ago when I bought the Monogram kit, and your pics reminded me why mine didn't get too far- the fenders, left stock, look massive and ruin the thinning/chopping/sectioning work which has been done on the rest of the body. I couldn't come up with a good way to decrease the massiveness of the are between the front fenders in the grille area, either, since the fenders didn't look right with the bottom few inches removed and the wheel arches moved upwards.

hey casey, i think you are right about the tail gate section, about how if i make it resemble the back window it will look much better, complimenting them to each other, thanks for all your comments too, always welcome the feedback.

Rob

thanks everyone, i've been building models like this all my life. i have used up to 14 models to build one single model taking as long as 4months but i end up just putting them back in a box to be hidden away in the closet, i guess its time to start pulling them out for some pictures.

thanks everyone!

Rob

• 3 months later...

Looking at the picture with the top of the cab off makes me think this would look much cooler with just a windshield frame and an open interior. Just my 2 cents. But I do admire your talent at putting this all together.

• 2 months later...

Foose did it on this one....foose_100_1920x1200.jpg

Mike, thanks for posting that pic, I loved that episode of "Overhaulin'"! Roush powered, you can't beat it!

Just one small note, though, Chip Foose actually had the design ideas he wanted to do with that truck, but had nothing to do with the build. His dad and the "Overhaulin'" TV crew built it as a surprise to Chip and unveiled it to him at Roush's SEMA booth.

i ended up cutting the vette rear end off, and replacing it with a much more suitable clean flowing rear section, i went through many new models to finally end up with what i was looking for B)

pics up this week

Even though you got rid of the Vette rear, are you still keeping it rear engined?

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

hi all, sorry i haven't been on in a while, but i thot this site was hit by a big virus and shut down, the truck is coming along just fine, i reshaped the rear end, still kept it rear engined, i've designed my own panels and so on, should look stunningly kewl when it's all done

rob

Mike, thanks for posting that pic, I loved that episode of "Overhaulin'"! Roush powered, you can't beat it!

Just one small note, though, Chip Foose actually had the design ideas he wanted to do with that truck, but had nothing to do with the build. His dad and the "Overhaulin'" TV crew built it as a surprise to Chip and unveiled it to him at Roush's SEMA booth.

Yep...sure was kool to have Sam swipe Chips drawings and "Overhaul" Chip!!!:lol: :lol: