Model Cars Magazine Forum

37 Ford Cabriolet

Aeroteto

I turned some aluminum rod for the engine pulleys, but I can´t figure how to make the belts.

so I think i´m gonna use the kit pulley arrangement.

nice start! you can tell you are some sort of machinest. that distributer is drilled out perfectly!!

silly suggestion, if you visit your lokal wal-mart, head to the fishing department..... yes, i said to the fishing department. there you will find all kinds of fishing hooks, there are some with little black rubber things coming off the back of it. the one i found has about 30 of them and they are about 2" long. they make great fan belts. sorry, dont have a picture of it. good luck and keep us posted.

• 4 weeks later...

Lookin good so far! Yes, it is an old kit that has had went thru some changes, but as you are finding out, it turns into a really nice kit with some work. You should have no problem with the interior on this one (I did the same on mine). It is probibly a little late, but with the frame getting so rough in the later releases, you can swap it with the Boyd Smoothster versions for a more updated chassis and better stance.

Mike

I´m just about to quit!!

Just apply the base paint and looks awful, tons of orange peel.

If I use orange instead of blue this sure looks like the annoying orange.

I use a decades old 1/4 Testors Dark Blue thinned with cheap Lacquer Thinner 3 parts thinner 1 part paint @ 20 psi, because the paint was too thick.

I´m not sure what to do now, sand the paint or send the body to the purple pond?

If sand, chances are to cut to the primer because is only one layer thick.
I´m not sure if the Purple Power will attack the putty and epoxy used in body work.

Maybe trash this model and start my new Nova COPO?

BSC048-1_zps8014e461.jpg

BSC049-1_zps17adba19.jpg

BSC050-1_zps4b856cb4.jpg

BSC052-1_zps610ebccc.jpg

I use a decades old 1/4 Testors Dark Blue thinned with cheap Lacquer Thinner 3 parts thinner 1 part paint @ 20 psi, because the paint was too thick. I´m not sure what to do now, sand the paint or send the body to the purple pond?

If sand, chances are to cut to the primer because is only one layer thick.
I´m not sure if the Purple Power will attack the putty and epoxy used in body work.

Maybe trash this model and start my new Nova COPO?

I would wet sand it smooth and the reshoot with a similar color using better paint. The purple stuff will attack the putty.

Trashing something this cool? No friggin' way.

Edited by Jantrix

Just finish the alternator and glue the pulley.
Still have to make the bracket, I think a simple one, on driver side.

BSC054-1.jpg

This model came with two style air cleaners.
After dechrome one of them, painted both
don´t know why the purple element on the round one looks blue in my pics.
I still don´t decide wich one I´m gonne use.

BSC058-1.jpg

BSC060-1.jpg

BSC061-1.jpg

• 11 months later...