Model Cars Magazine Forum

In need of Don Prudhomme 1974 Vega Army Funny Car Pics

Mooneyzs

Hello All,

As the topic states I am in need of pictures of Don Prudhomme's 1974 Vega Army Funny Car pics for reference. I have recently started a new build and am needing more reference pics for this build. I have found some great pics at www.snakeracing.com but there isn't enough pics of the chassis and some of the detail I am looking for. I would appreciate any help I could get or where else to look since I have been racking my brain Googling for pics that I can't find...lol. or even any other Vega funny car pics. Thanks in advance. it is appreciated. I will also be starting a thread on this build hopefully in the next few days. Not sure if I should post it here or in the Big Boyz section since it's a 1/16 scale kit.

What specifically do you want pics of ? I have no record of where I've found stuff online but do have a lot stored on my pc, I dont mind sharing it with credit to original media owner but are'nt uploading heaps of unnecessary stuff. Chassis was black.

Thanks Wayne.

Brett, I have found a great deal of pics here Snake Racing Collection. I am trying to find more detail pics of the rear end, brakes, brake lines, inside of the body with all of the structual supports, what the hinge looks like that the body piviots on. some better shots of the engine mounts. Where the seatbelts bolt to the frame. Would love a pic of the chassis with the body off too. My other option has been to try and find Funny cars of the same era and just use the details I can from them. Was wanting to make it as accurate as I can if possible.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Mooneyzs

Thanks Wayne.

Brett, I have found a great deal of pics here Snake Racing Collection. I am trying to find more detail pics of the rear end, brakes, brake lines, inside of the body with all of the structual supports, what the hinge looks like that the body piviots on. some better shots of the engine mounts. Where the seatbelts bolt to the frame. Would love a pic of the chassis with the body off too. My other option has been to try and find Funny cars of the same era and just use the details I can from them. Was wanting to make it as accurate as I can if possible.

Thanks for your help.

Not to say that you should give up hope trying to find the detail that you seek, but the types of research photos that you are looking for were commonly found in the publications back in the day when they did a feature on a car and published lots of detailed photos of the car, including engine and chassis shots.

That being said, You might find it difficult to find a feature on this specific car as it only ran for a short time in 74 before Prudhomme decided that he did not like the way the car handled and performed so he switched back to his Cuda bodied car until finally moving to the Monza body.

Hey Chris,, I didn't realaise how rare, rear end shots sans body of these things are :angry: anyways one of the best I've found is Straightline modellers "snake pit" http://www.straightlinemodeler.org/snakepit.html hope these help a bit, meanwhile I'll keep looking

Brett I can't thank you enough for that link. There is alot of reference material on that site. Thank you so much. That is going to be a big help for the detail I am looking for and to do.

Not to say that you should give up hope trying to find the detail that you seek, but the types of research photos that you are looking for were commonly found in the publications back in the day when they did a feature on a car and published lots of detailed photos of the car, including engine and chassis shots.

That being said, You might find it difficult to find a feature on this specific car as it only ran for a short time in 74 before Prudhomme decided that he did not like the way the car handled and performed so he switched back to his Cuda bodied car until finally moving to the Monza body.

Thanks Wayne, I had no idea that Prudhomme only ran that specific car for just a short time. I was even looking for some old magazine on ebay that may have some old articles on. I picked a few up a while back but didn't have everything I was looking for.

I can't thank you Both enough for the help you have provided. thanks again.

I'm ready for the love brother lol, I took these pics 3 years ago (slipped my mind duh)

couple more pics here (my new pb) http://s1188.photobucket.com/albums/z410/doorslammerfan/

nostalgianitrofcbodysupports.jpg

73/4 vega no less running bbc but built as close to the old specs as possible

nostalgianitrofccage.jpg

Oh Cool!! Thanks for those pics. Thats exatly what I was looking for in regards to the body/pivot mount. I have some Reference pics of a Nostalgia Front Engine Dragster if you ever need some. I just need to finish scanning them since they weren't digital pics.