Model Cars Magazine Forum

"CRANKENSTIEN"(a small tribute to the "doc") DONE! 11/13/12

bryan_m

ok guys, i had to put the oldsmobile on the side for a bit due to lack of material to finish it....so i thought id mess around with a 32 ford sedan that was basically just some left over parts i had layin around.

i was diggin around tryin to find a theme for this build, and i thought...."hey, im Irish" well im part irish, part scottish, part native american...what a mix! LOL so i decided to do this one in green, of course it will be a ratrod, the usual rusty crusty goodness.

heres where we stand now....just gathering parts

photo-vi.jpg

im gonna cut the roof out, and make wooden bows, and maybe try to add some of the interior wood as well.

i plan on painting a small clover on the lower left of the rear of the body,heres my reference.

photo-vi.jpg

more to come, im still planning stuff, stay tuned

cheers

bryan

Edited by bryan_m

Got some sleep and a tankerd of iced tea ?

yea buddy, i slept for an entire day......im almost caught up. i didnt sleep for 4 days! i was so tired man. i hate when that happens. i have a tankard of mountain dew with me now......iced tea later on!

cheers

bryan

First up, im gonna cut out the roof panel.....

photo-vi.jpg

heres the engine im gonna use, i have a couple of these from the prepainted 57 chrysler kit........ the silver stuff will be re-shot in green.

photo-vi.jpg

i really like these hemis, they look mean!

more to come

bryan

thanks Cranky! glad ya like it... this one isnt gonna be super ratty, more dirt than anything. the paint will be sanded through in all the right places so it will look like it is worn out, but not super rusty...the gunk on the engine will be at a minimum as well......

so, not a full blown rusty crusty rat, just a little dirty, decent hot rod.....

more to come

bryan

thanks Fred!

what do ya think about that air cleaner set up? look cool? or seriously ugly?

bryan

Like it Man ! Very different ! I like went it when it's not something common...

For Give you an Idea ...I think I will do an open-air (rag-top) on the '65 Chevelle Wagon....

F