Model Cars Magazine Forum

Un posted postings?/

Is it just ME, or are you guys seein unposted posts? It LOOKS like someone wanted to reply to some posts, but only part of the post posted! I mean, like I can see the TOP part of the words but not the bottoms. Makes for very difficult reading. Is this happening to anyone else? This is the only forum it's happening on. You guys got problems?

George, are you using an up to date browser version?

I have problems with this site when viewing at work (maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't be looking at work ,huh?) I think because corporate uses an older Explorer version, works great at home...

Wish I WAS drankin Roge(quit 25 years ago) But the post by Jeff 396 did it too. NOW i see he's askin what kind of browser I'm useing. What's a browser? I just got on here this morning and it's actin weird(yes, even weirder than ME!) You think it'll just go away, like it came, or is there somethin I can do about it? THANKS! :D;)

Your browser is what you use to access and explore the Internet - Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.

I have been using Firefox happily for years - until last week when it automatically installed an upgrade. Then I couldn't use it anymore. It told me that it was now incompatible with my Mac's older operating system. I looked for a way to reinstall the older Firefox version, but they said it was obsolete and couldn't be installed.

So, not only can't I use Firefox anymore, I lost years of bookmarks on that browser.

Like Skip said, a browser is the software that you're using to look at the internet. 99% of the time when a site seems to be acting weird, it's not the site... it's an out-of-date web browser that's incompatible with the website's features. It's like watching TV on an old black and white set and wondering why you can't see the color!

Web site technology is constantly changing. The code (that stuff you don't see, but makes the stuff you DO see work) is always evolving, new features and technologies are always being added to websites, usually with no announcements made. And if a browser is old and doesn't have the capability to display the new features of a website correctly, the site will seem to be acting weird... but it's not the site that's the problem, it's the outdated browser that can't handle the site correctly.

Try to download the latest version of whatever web browser you're using. Or try and download a completely different browser. They're all free. As long as you have the latest version of whatever browser you want to use, you should be fine.

Your browser is what you use to access and explore the Internet - Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.

I have been using Firefox happily for years - until last week when it automatically installed an upgrade. Then I couldn't use it anymore. It told me that it was now incompatible with my Mac's older operating system. I looked for a way to reinstall the older Firefox version, but they said it was obsolete and couldn't be installed.

So, not only can't I use Firefox anymore, I lost years of bookmarks on that browser.

Skip,

As long as you haven't completely deleted Firefox, there should be a bookmarks folder somewhere with all of them intact, or at least with the web addresses. I'm not sure where to find the folder on a Mac, but looking in the Firefox sub-folders should be a start.

sjordan2, Go here to get an Old version of Firefox.

http://www.oldversion.com/

Mozilla Firefox is listed First under Internet.

They go all the way back

I see everything from 13.o2 Aurora to 0.6.

So if you remember which version you had before the update, get that installer.

You can try to install it to a New folder, Move the parts from the current folder into it,

and then delete the one that does not work

Also, Set it to Only notify you of an update. I get a pop-up telling me 12 is ready

to install, but I click on the red X to close it without updating

You may need to input more info, all versions shown only show m-s OS, but that does not mean they don't have mac covered too

(This is one reason I Keep the Installer!! Never know when you will need it)

I do the same with MicroCrap too.

Not long ago this thing updated, then popped up telling me New updates were ready

It got stuck in a Constant loop downloading & installing the same 3 updates

I had forgotten to turn off Auto Updates when I got this one.

That site is not the only one to save you from error causing or Corrupting updates.

Just search Old, Older, etc Version.

Some are better than others.

Edited by Edsel-Dan

THANKS guys! I'mma hafta get my daughter to look into all your suggestions for me. Doesn't seem to be happening so far this morning. Looked into a coupla threads to see if it was still actin silly, but so far, so good. Maybe it was just yesterday, an they finally got their act together! Thanks for ALL the suggestions fellas!!! :D;)^_^