Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Ford Pick-ups 1971 Ranger XLT AND 1969 Custom SWB

SteveG

The only halfway accurate 4WD parts available for this generation of F-series would be from the later AMT 78-79 Bronco or 79 F-350 kits, and even then the axle is just a carrier for a metal axle connecting the wheels. I suppose the front axle from the Bush Baby Courier kit might also work with some modification... I know the Courier's axle is leaf-spring and the Bronco's is coil-sprung; haven't seen the 4WD F-350 kit's suspension but it probably should be leaf sprung.

• 2 weeks later...

any word about release date? B)

Tower Hobbies website has a Mid-Sept. release date , but I would think once they have shipped them to the US , we will get an better idea of when they actually will be on the shelf.

Already saving my lunch money for a couple of these!

They'll be ready when they are ready. Seriously, there is a lot that has to happen before steel tooling gets cut--IF you want a kit that's done well, done right.

Glad to see they're finally catching onto that idea after all the past troubles. Perhaps they can share that revelation with the people in Illinois too.

As an old senior citizen that has been building models since the fifties, I can only say I have not been as excited about model kits for a long time. Now comes Moebius and it's 1969 again! I can't wait until these kits are released. I can only hope there will be 4 Wheel Drive versions and Step Side versions in the wings.

This all gives me hope, and something to look forward to again. :)

Now if only they would make a late '60s, early '70s Dodge Pickup that I can afford. Sure there's resin, but a retired person can't afford $100+ for a Dodge Pickup.

post-4110-0-94501900-1377359323_thumb.jp

Edited by Randytheroadrunner

Has anyone noticed on a nameless auction site that pre-orders are being taken for this kit a $120 bucks? Is the kit gonna retail for near that once available? If so I may rethink getting one let alone the several I was thinking about getting.

Just curious.

Has anyone noticed on a nameless auction site that pre-orders are being taken for this kit a $120 bucks? Is the kit gonna retail for near that once available? If so I may rethink getting one let alone the several I was thinking about getting.

Just curious.

Can you share the link please?

And no, they will not retail for a $120

Just curious.

Tower Hobbies has this listed as coming in September and has a price of $26.99. Not sure what The Model King will be offering his version for but probably somewhere near the Moebius one.

Just curious.

Nope, the Ford F100 kit MSRP is NOWHERE near that figure.

Art

Tower Hobbies has this listed as coming in September and has a price of $26.99. Not sure what The Model King will be offering his version for but probably somewhere near the Moebius one.

If current Model King releases are any indication expect the pickup to be around $33.

This will be a must for me. I had a 67 with a 71 grill in it.

If it's accurate to the real one, I hope the make extra beds, the originals only last a few years,lol

A must for me too! I have a '72 That I'll definitely want to replicate

• 2 weeks later...

This is a superb rendering of the F250 hubcap, hope the F100 cap is also being created for this F100 shorty

009-M.jpg

Interesting that both mockups show the dana rear end and not the regular 9 inch Ford diff. The dana was definitely available in the F100s but was fairly rare. They bring good money from the musclecar guys when these trucks are parted out

008-M.jpg

...and as far as rear bumpers go, I'm sure over 80% of these came with some form of step bumper vs the relative few that had the deluxe chrome rear bumper in the previous poster's picture. Also, the '68/'69 trucks did not have a bedside marker light; it was actually just a reflector mounted low on the rear.

mike

I knew that they would catch the 1/2 ton hubcap mistake, but if I were a betting man, a 3/4 ton, long wheelbase could be down the road. Just the right application for a resin camper shell, or a utility body. So many applications.

I knew that they would catch the 1/2 ton hubcap mistake, but if I were a betting man, a 3/4 ton, long wheelbase could be down the road. Just the right application for a resin camper shell, or a utility body. So many applications.

Now Ron, you may be onto something !