Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Dodge Charger

om617

Got this one painted as the sun is out and there is some warm weather. Done the foil,put on decal

and the some coat of clear. Maby not the most exciting color,it`s tamiya champagne. Since the

pro street style is a bit crazy,i thought tone it down with the color,so white top,decal and interior.

Here are some pics. The chassis is half AMT and half Revell. Not done painting.

004.jpg

Interior. Some flocking and bmf added. No cage and i still wanted back seat.

002.jpg

001.jpg

Tires and wheels. The wheels are machined aluminium from "customs by terry" on Ebay.

012.jpg

The body so far. Needs some side marker painted,door handles,wipers,bumpers and other small things.

008.jpg

009.jpg

Not made an decission on engine but the 426 with supercharger is one option. Another is the

Gibson engines,but they cost a lot so not sure. Some pro mod converted to street gas would

be cool,got to think about it a little more. I guess it`s not everyone cup of tea but comments are

welcome by anyone. Thanks for looking.

• 2 weeks later...

Just testing stance and how i would want it.

002-2.jpg

003.jpg

004-1.jpg

There are some issues wiht the Polara i i`m building,i was putting on the final touch with BMF,and when

i removed some of the BMF entire chunks of paint came off. Extremely annoying when i was so close to

finish it. So it`s now being stripped,and i have been fondling whith this one and finished the Impala.

First off i think this is looking sweet,that interior is awesome,the color is totally cool and the foil look very sharp.The stance is great.The only thing i don't like is the engine color,i would paint it the same as the body or maybe black?Just think it clashes with that body color...

First off i think this is looking sweet,that interior is awesome,the color is totally cool and the foil look very sharp.The stance is great.The only thing i don't like is the engine color,i would paint it the same as the body or maybe black?Just think it clashes with that body color...

Thanks. Yes i agree on the engine color,it was first painted intended to be put on the stand who follow the kit,not in the car

since i had in mind aftermarked engine. Black or bodycolor could be very nice yes. Also thought about have the parts who

usually are plated flat black,but i might not go there.

Thanks Carl.

Yeah it really is annoying,i had this and one 70 Challenger pretty much ready,on the Challenger the decals

totally disintegrated,maby of age,not sure. But one member on here was very helpful and sent me replacements.

The Charger. I have painted the engine body color,also first time i try Alclad from can,and it looks really promising.

Will try take some pictures of the parts,even if they wont do them justice,you get the idea. I also used Alclad on the

headers,and looking on the XJ220 build on here with the sweet weathering on the exhaust,i would be tempted to try

somthing similar.