Model Cars Magazine Forum

"CRANKENSTIEN"(a small tribute to the "doc") DONE! 11/13/12

bryan_m

GEEZ-O-WEEZ! she got here and it wasnt all that bad......she was just scared cause it bled alot. it was a little deep, but i made a butterfly bandage, cleaned it out really good for her, and taped her up. she will be ok. my dad was a medic in the military, and he taught me alot.

nah jacen, i had to wait for her to get here.. we dont live together (yet) were gonna get a place pretty soon, but for now shes about 5 miles away, so she drove here and Dr.Bryan took care of it....

thanks guys! now its back to work....

cheers

bryan

yepper, a butterknife! it had to hurt alot when she did it! shes ok now, i fixed it up.

one time i cut my left index finger clean to the bone with a saw, i actually felt the teeth of the saw hit the bone, it was a nice brand new blade, so it didnt hurt that much. i cleaned it out, taped it shut and then superglued the top of it closed! it healed in no time.......anymore thats what the ER does................superglue!

ill have some pics in a bit, stay tuned, making steering linkage now

bryan

i just read through this whole build, up to now and WOW! you are doing some amazing work .i think the hinges came out great ,they look like they work really good.( i sure wish there was an aftermarket company that would make them for us lol )

was the kit the 32 vicky in the beginning..? thanks for sharing such an involved build.

jim white

thanks Jim!

model master or detail master makes photoectched hinges........way too complicated for me! i think these ones are a little big, and the left one needs tweeked a bit, but theyre ok.

this is the revell 32 ford sedan kit...i believe the kit labeled as a vicky is from amt.

thanks again

cheers

bryan

ok, i had to rework the centerlink a little bit. it has tabs on it that they want you to heat and bend over once installed......this stuff is way too thin for heat, so i made new ones out of some pins i have.

photo-vi.jpg

heres the pins, i dont remember what they are called but they sure come in handy!

photo-vi.jpg

more to come

bryan

i installed the brake drums! i had to drill out the center of the drums to hold that big tab on the backing plate, it worked out really well, im super happy with the way this steering and front suspensionis turning out.......

heres a few shots

photo1-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

more to come guys! thanks for lookin

cheers

bryan

thanks guys!

the weather here is horrible, we are supposed ot get blasted with snow, because of the hurricane hitting the east coast. it been really cold and raining, and i havent been to the bench since sunday night...

probably goin there in a bit tho, stay tuned

bryan