Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Mustang

Jeff Johnston

This is one of my favorite kits, and a that I have built at least 4 times...I even liked it when it was molded in Red LOL

This is the revell - former Monogram 1/24 kit...Painted Testors Black lacquer with urethane clear. The interior is some color of plastikote red.

Once in a while I venture into the open doors realm, and this kit has been calling me for a long time. My original intention was to paint it Emberglo, but the black testors has given me such good results lately, I could not resist.

I did the engine detail form a variety of courses. RM&M holly carb, ignition coil and distributor, detail master breather cap, detail master wires, and the heater hose is that wire that toys are tied in with...you know, that real thick stuff thats such a pain. Well, I keep it and paint it as heater hoses...this is painted red oxide enamel.

Now off to finish my 49 Mercuyy...which by the way is in the purple pond due to a painting malfuntion (the fender skirts popped off, taking along a huge chunk of paint off the wheel wells) *DOH*

LF-door-closed.jpg

lr-door-open.jpg

rf-door-closed.jpg

rf-door-open.jpg

rr-roor-closed.jpg

trunk.jpg

interior.jpg

engine.jpg

One question for ya though........Where'd you get the double redline tires?? B) I would LOVE to have a set of those!

Hey Bill. Actually. The red line tires are the kit tires with the kit supplied double redline decal. It was a real pain but I eventially got them lined up properly...then I mashed them down with a really hot paper towel.

Thanks for the kind words everyone !

Hey Bill. Actually. The red line tires are the kit tires with the kit supplied double redline decal. It was a real pain but I eventially got them lined up properly...then I mashed them down with a really hot paper towel

Nice! I would have never guessed that............they look very convincing! I have to pick that kit up sometime!

I must say I agree with everyone. This is a benchmark build. It's not the details so much as the execution of the details...and believe me there's a difference.

You can never go wrong with a glass-like black paint job, and you pretty much nailed all the other elements. It is simply stunning.

One thing...I hope the tires are in good condition, because that spare looks like it went flat. :rolleyes: