Model Cars Magazine Forum

49 Merc Svt Cobra - Revisited

Raul_Perez

When I though that I was done with this model a couple of weeks ago I posted it "Under Glass" and put it away in my display case. The problem was that I did so few body mods to it that it just didn't say "SVT" or "Cobra" to me. Thanks to suggestions from many of you, and the spare hood that Revell had provided in the kit, I finally got this one to a point where I'm happy with it and can call it DONE.

Here's the link to the original post if you want to see the detailed interior and engine pics.

Here are a few pics of the new hood: (in process and completed).

DSC03621-vi.jpg

I took most of the hump out of the middle of the Cobra hood insert and took the peak out of the horizontal portion of the Merc hood. I thought that more closely matched the way the roof design is peaked in the front and quickly flattens out towards the rear.

49Merc52-vi.jpg

49Merc61-vi.jpg

Well, any additional mods at this point will have to be done to one of the other Merc kits that I have waiting in the closet...

Regards,

Edited by Raul_Perez

What's up Raul. Very nice Merc. I really like what you have done to the hood, and no ghost lines either :lol: . Keep'em coming!!

Hossain

Thanks, Hossain!! Ghost lines?! What are those?! :lol::lol::lol: Maybe the paint is still too fresh for them to peek through...

See you next week!!

Yeah Raul, that hit the spot! It ties in with the mirrors really well and pulls the whole package together. Good show!

Thanks, Jonathan!! As you can see, I passed on adding the foglights...I just didn't want to chance messing up the paint on a finished model. With a spare hood in the box, I had nothing to loose by giving the scoops a try...

• 9 months later...