Model Cars Magazine Forum

'23 Ford 'T' Carny Wagon

gasser59

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, I did bring this back out for a bit more weathering and a few more items. I've been wanting to add something to the front and I just couldn't think of it until yesterday.

WaterBag_zpsc8ce2d5e.jpg

Stay tuned as I add more additional details and grime.

Rob - I use printing plate for a number of things. It is so easy to bend, cut, drill and glue. I use alot of .005" stuff that I get from a local print shop. They are used and have a finished aluminum shine on one side. If you check out my Fiat build, you'll see alot of it in use.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45867&hl=

I work for a huge printing company and never would have thought of using those. Not sure if they'd like me taking one home since they get money for recycling them but maybe I'll slice a chunk or two out of one. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Russ. This has been fun working on this with all of the different building materials. As stated by Alan earlier, It is sort of a rolling diorama and I'd forgotten how much I enjoy working on a diorama. Its been awhile.

Here's a few more pics. Thanks again.

Interior2.jpg

Interior3.jpg

This thing is like a detail buffet; so many things to look at and you're afraid to miss out on something. Luckily we can come back for more.

Fascinating, beautiful model.

Edited by Alyn

Thanks for the comments and following along fellas. I have a few more added details to share with you.

A made a horn and put it under the extended side of the cabin to keep it out of the weather.

Horn1_zps74f21f5c.jpg

Added a damp looking towel over the edge of the sink.

Towel1_zpsb07aab99.jpg

Crafted a derby hat that I wanted a bit of texture on so I shot it with some automotive undercoating from a distance and then added a fabric hatband. Also put in a window sill.

DerbyampSill_zpsfc551e95.jpg

Finally, created a folded up newspaper and put it in the rafters along with the whiskey bottle. Also weathered the underside of the roofing material.

Rafters_zps2db3ac13.jpg

I need to figure out a way for the separate steps I made to fit under the vehicle for traveling then this one's about wrapped up unless more ideas present themselves.

Thanks for following along.

Edited by gasser59

IMG_2675-vi.jpg

Brad, as different as they are, I want to give you credit as the inspiration for my Dodge van camper. Watching you build the Carney Wagon showed me technique and gave me ideas that led to the above modern interior!

Edited by Tom Geiger

WOW ! Tom, thanks for the kudos. I saw your interior a few days ago and thought it must be the maid's day off. :)

Did you see the vintage camper I've been working on? Here's a peek.

Very cool. I will have to follow this project! I really enjoyed scratch building the elements in mine. It won't be the last, I have more ideas! And I'll be watching you for more details!