Model Cars Magazine Forum

Builds per Year

I build about one kit every two months. Some take a little longer. So maybe 4 - 6 a year.

I don't try to rush or anything. I just build models to relax. If I don't feel like building for a few days or weeks, I do something else. I always come back to it eventually.

I do try to stick with one kit until it's done, unless I reach a serious impasse that prevents me from continuing on a certain kit. Though sometimes I overlap the current kit with the next when waiting for paint to dry.

I can say in the first quarter of the year I got a lot done. Then by March/April when I was offered full-time at one of my two part-time jobs. I haven't got as much done but I also work six days a week at 55hrs so most of my time is working. As of now I am lucky if I build 1 or so every two months.

Edited by gluebomb

When I was working I could go six months in a row without even going in my model room so the completion rate was 1 or 2 a year. When I retired I figured I'd starting making a major dint in my unbuilt collection......well my completion rate has gone up to around 10 a year but I'm still buying more then that number so the dint never occured.

yea, thats my goal too, 24 new projects a year....... what...... oh, finished, not started....... nevermind!!

dude, thats crazy!!! are you married? have kids?

I actually have 10 started right now, I guess you could say every one got derailed. I'm retired so, lot's of time. I do get the two Grandkids once or twice a week so not much building goes on then.

Reading this thread caused me to sit back and think about it and I've only finished one build this year. It was back in May, for my club's show. I have a bunch on the go, of course, but can never seem to finish anything!

I previously had two desks, one for my computer and one for modeling but with needing to combine my office and model rooms into one I may get more done! Until spring, anyways...

When I re-started in modeling back in 1997, I did an avearge of 10-15 per year, but, after my marriage and other things like the high detail I've been doing on my models, that number has slow down a lot. I've been doing around 3 per year.This year I have already 5 and one in 1/43 that obviously will be finished on 2013 in time for the GSL...

Simón P. Rivera Torres