Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Corvette - Finished

Danger

Good day,

Here's a few shots of my recently completed 67 Corvette.

Chrome on the rims was stripped and Alclad was used. Window trim is BMF.

The white stripe was painted after the decals fell apart in the water.

Enjoy

Danger

IMG5915-L.jpgIMG5919-L.jpgIMG5918-L.jpg

• 2 months later...

It's been a while But I was able to get a few more pics this weekend.

IMG5931-L.jpg

A close up of the painted strip and detail painting on the chrome scripts.

And here's a close-up of the Alcladed rims. Valve stem was added. I might need a slight wash to pickup the details better.

IMG5933-L.jpg

And another shot with detailed scripts.

IMG5934-L.jpg

Enjoy.

Danger

• 5 weeks later...

Can't believe I missed this thread too! I JUST got one of these kits off E-Bay yesterday and it should get here on Wednesday next week. I'm really looking forward to it. I figure I'll do the Goodwood Green Metallic body with black interior. The only issue will be with the hood stripe. Trying to figure out if I should do a base coat of white paint over everything, then mask off the stripe area and paint the Green over the top.

How exactly did you paint your hood? I'm a little bit uneasy about masking in case there is a leak under the mask, or when I remove the tape if it pulls off some of the green color. I guess I could use the kit decals and create a stencil out of them by tracing the black stripe by putting white paper over it and copying the outline with a pencil, then taking the tracing and putting over the top of the white decal paper I have and cutting multiple copies. The only tough part would be having both copies line up fully. I did this on the 1996 Grand Sport model I built and the white decal paper is actually pretty solid.

Anyway, the build looks great and makes my anticipation all the more intense. :D Great job!

Justin, I used Tamiya masking tape to outline the stinger stripe then cut a thin strip to create the gap between. The tape was burnished down using a toothpick then a used Tamiya Acrylic clear paint i sealed the edge of the tape. This should prevent any paint bleeding under the tape. The Tamiya tape shouldn't pull up any paint.

Danger