Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi from Michigan

My name is Rick and ive been doing models for years now..Yes i am old, but building models keeps me young..lol. I live in Michigan which in the winter slows me down on model building but i hope i have fixed that problem by building a model room in my shop i have( dont have heat in the main shop) but this room will have radiant heat source, so i can build throughtout the year. I have a couple of projects on the bench im working on. so when i get out there i will post some pics. Cars im into are Ferrari's, muscle cars, and early trucks that i can lower some. I hope you enjoy some of my builds

Rick

Thanks..i forgot to mention, all my cars and trucks are covered in House of Kolor paints..they are not bad priced for what u get. I have the day off so i thought i would get some work done, but no its raining today so here i sit in front of the computer.

Rick

Clio? your a bit North of us here in the Deeetroy area. BUT, IF you EVER get down around Dearborn, On the THIRD FRIDAY of EVERY MONTH, PLEASE feel free to stop into the DISC on Ford Rd,(after 7 pm.)

and look us up! we're the Downriver Model Car Club, we're over 80 strong, and we have a BLAST! This is your open invite!

Welcome to the forum I'm just south of Jackson not far from MIS, we have a meeting in Jackson the first Saturday of the month at the library downtown all are welcome.

Carl.

i've attended one of they're meetings, great group! very talented and friendly :D

Hi Rick and welcome. I'm from up around the Traverse City area. I've lived in a few towns around West Michigan, from Grand Rapids (can you say Ryders Hobby Shop.. LOL) to Big Rapids, and now just North of TC. I haven't found any Clubs up my way yet either. Like you, I built a hobby room in in my garage and heated it. I build year round now (when I have time), I still haven't constructed a paint booth yet, so painted is a little tough in the winter, but hopefully that that will get done before this winter.