Model Cars Magazine Forum

American Chopper Canceled

Quit watching it a long time ago because it was getting so stupid but did catch a bit of a couple of shows this year and quickly realized it hadn't improved. I won't even notice its not there and some other lame reality show is bound to take its place.

Perhaps we could interest Discovery into doing one about building models. We would have swearing when something didn't go right or we lost a part in the carpet, two modellers could fight over what color to paint a model then argue over who gets to use the good airbrush and just think of the drama involved between two judges deciding who wins the contest and the anger of the loser who figures his was the best and should have won hands down, the possibilities for drama are nearly limitless.

LOL, have you pitched this to Hollywood?

lol did anyone catch Jay Lenos show last night when they had the father and one son of Duck Dynasty on ? Would one believe and its true according to the show last night that the father of the group was actually on the same high school football team as Terry Bradshaw and actually was the first string quarterback with Terry being second string lol. You have to give the Duck Dynasty family credit as they developed a product of there own from scratch and worked there way to the top of the Duck calling industry into self made Millionares. Just this past year alone they sold over 185,000 duck calls. Cant fault a man that took something from nothing and built it into a multi million dollar business.

The father started the business in a tiny little shed and built it into the huge warehouse it is today. Handed the business to the sons and only asked for a tiny check each month. Much respect for that show and the family. Jersey Shore got my vote as well because of the teetas and hips haha. Ronnie always keeps it interesting because hes always fighting. Pauly D for his DJ abilities, Vinnie for his moms cooking and The shituation just because hes a avid idiot haha. Ok Im a fool that falls for these reality tv shows. OCC on the other hand, Hasta La vista. Havent watched that show in years. If memory serves me correctly the last bike I seen them build was for the New York Jets.

Jersey Shore got my vote as well because of the teetas and hips haha. Ronnie always keeps it interesting because hes always fighting. Pauly D for his DJ abilities, Vinnie for his moms cooking and The shituation just because hes a avid idiot haha. Ok Im a fool that falls for these reality tv shows. OCC on the other hand, Hasta La vista. Havent watched that show in years. If memory serves me correctly the last bike I seen them build was for the New York Jets.

I'd rather watch American Chopper over Jersey Shore, since at least something productive gets done. What happens in Jersey Shore? Fist pumping and big-breasted Oompa Loompas.

I also agree with Pat. I don't watch ANY of the ridiculous "reality" shows... They are NOT real reality... just stupidly presented drama BS... I also don't watch any of the laugh-tracked sitcom shows... The last sitcom show that I actually enjoyed was All In The Family. I enjoy the History channel, Velocity, Speed (when they show something good), Football and movies... And I really wish there was a way to get rid of all the blasted commercials...!!! I am SO GLAD that the elections are over and we don't have to sit through all the mud-slinging political ads. Thank technology for the MUTE button on our remotes...!!!

I agree with you 100%...

The one that i here people talking about is Storage Wars ??? people bid on the misfortune of those who have lost their personal property....due to reasons beyond one's control......is just Sad......and......Never Mind....

Cheers to All Don....

My question is this: What's the deal with Overhaulin? By my count, there's only been 4 episodes aired for the new season so far, and it's been close to a month since the last episode aired.

Yeah, they seem to have done four and then some sort of behind the scenes/extras episode based on each build. I watched five minutes of the first one and then deleted them from the DVR. I watch Overhauling to watch the car being built, not to watch people yammer in a camera.

The bikes were nice to see when they were done and some of the building process but the drama aspect of the show sucked the life out of for me.

It was the same with American Hot Rod . Nothing like a few show's to make a whole country look bad. LOL

American Hot Rod would have been a good show if Boyd and Duane weren't in it...

Duck Dynasty is the only wholesome reality show on TV

They are a bunch of drama queens, same as American Chopper. add to that, they are southern rednecks and you see the formula for the show.

next week: southern redneck gator fighting.

For those who like the Car stuff and less of the Drama, try the british show "Wheeler Dealers". it's more of a documentary than 90210.

Question for the modelers. with the popularity of AC, why aren't bikes very popular in scale?

Edited by kruleworld