Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nissan Xanavi Nismo GTR R34

martinfan5

Starting this one as well, I have not done a lot of none NASCAR builds, done a few of the Revell C5R /C6R kits, so doing this will be something new, I dont know why I have waited so long though , and keeping with my trend of doing cars from GT5 lol

Here is the kit box
kr34a.jpg
and the body pre primer
kr34b.jpg
after primer
IMG_0001_zpsac365d9e.jpg
and the silver part
IMG_0007_zps0cf2e0d4.jpg

here is the body with the red part done, but I have since done a second coat of red, I did not get good coverage, have some bleed through, but the areas that have it are going to be black, so I am not worried, the only part that I might need to fix is the lower part of the rear wheel well, have some bleed through
IMG_0023_zpsb5489cb6.jpg

Nice!! One question, I am also a stay at home father of a 17 month old, how do you keep the kids off of you long enough to work?!?!? lol my son wont leave me alone for more than 5 mins at a time.

I stay up late, I dont really do any work tell after the other half comes home from work, thats when I get some peace to work lol

Duct tape?????????

I am sure that could work lol

I stay up late, I dont really do any work tell after the other half comes home from work, thats when I get some peace to work lol

Duct tape?????????

I am sure that could work lol

Must be nice, my little one is up at 7am and doesn't go to sleep till 10:30 or 11pm. My wife leaves at 7:45am and doesn't get back home till around 7pm.

Oh and mine would rip through the duct tape!! lol nothing stops of phases him at all!! He will be lots of fun in a few years!

Back on topic, I really wish these kits had a detailed engine to display, they are so beautiful but are lacking that.

Edited by jrherald420

Yes. This kit would have went from a 8.5 to a solid 10.0 if they would have just popped open the hood and dropped in a engine

I would have paid an extra 10 bucks for that and most others would have also.

Your progress is great and the quality is on par with the rest of your awesome builds.

Nice job so far. When I built this kit the deca lmade to make the R on the GTR emblem red does not work to well. I carefully masked and airbrushed with much better results. Doing the silver slash decals that go in the front hood openings are a ltttle tricky to line up and get the right decal in the right place. Other than that it's a nice easy build.