Model Cars Magazine Forum

im new here, kinda rat fink style

gseeds

hello, im new here,and just wanted to say hi, i grew up in long beach california back in the 60's and 70's,and as a kid i would be dropped of on saturdays at the gate of lions drag strip and rome the pits a strip all day, thats where i frist saw the work of big daddy Ed roth and Ed newton, i was in love at frist site !! ive been drawing this style ever since! about 40 years now, these are my disigns just there style,

blacklineelcamino1.jpg

blacklinecamaro1.jpg

blacklineavanti1.jpg

blacklinebighand1.jpg

qtbucketbig.jpg

57nomadbig.jpg

ive got more if anyone would like to see more.

• Like 1

Seeds that stuff is great. I'm also a big fan of this style artwork and I've been playing around with pinstriping for about a year now. Awesome work bud. Do you tattoo or anything? Love that old Ford with the arm and shifter coming through the roof. Nice job. Post more as much as possible and maybe give us a link to buy some prints?

• 3 months later...
Seeds that stuff is great. I'm also a big fan of this style artwork and I've been playing around with pinstriping for about a year now. Awesome work bud. Do you tattoo or anything? Love that old Ford with the arm and shifter coming through the roof. Nice job. Post more as much as possible and maybe give us a link to buy some prints?

no i dont do tatoos, i tried but didnt dig it, and i only draw for fun, im a custom car/bike painter by trade,heres a few pics.

pinstripedevil.jpg

airbrushed falcon grille and headlites.

falcon010.jpg

flame job.

paulsad1.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm digging that Avanti, nice work on the rest too!!

thanks clay, ive been thinking about putting up the models and getting back into the art thing for now,reading coments like yours push's me me ,thanks,gary.

• 9 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Avanti caught my eye too. I'd like to see more. And I love the Grand Masters trompe l'oei paintings. So I enjoyed seeing the Falcon grille and headlights.

Edited by DonW

On 7/17/2020 at 5:53 PM, DonW said:

The Avanti caught my eye too. I'd like to see more. And I love the Grand Masters trompe l'oei paintings. So I enjoyed seeing the Falcon grille and headlights.

Thanks don , I’ve also done an airbrush grille on a 55 Chevy and a 63 nova drag cars , maybe I’ll post pics of those for ya also.

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2020 at 8:48 PM, gseeds said:

Thanks don , I’ve also done an airbrush grille on a 55 Chevy and a 63 nova drag cars , maybe I’ll post pics of those for ya also.

Hi Gary!

What a gallery of great work. You got the knack of flames, for certain!

But my favorite is the grille & headlight work on the Falcon. I've done a few of those, and I can relate to the amount of work involved. Reminds me of the Funny-Car art that the big-name racers flaunted on their rides back in the 70's. 

Bravo!

CT

2 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Gary!

What a gallery of great work. You got the knack of flames, for certain!

But my favorite is the grille & headlight work on the Falcon. I've done a few of those, and I can relate to the amount of work involved. Reminds me of the Funny-Car art that the big-name racers flaunted on their rides back in the 70's. 

Bravo!

CT

Thanks Claude, yeah as a kid I was always amazed at the work being airbrushed on the head lights and tail lights of the funny cars of the early 70’s , even though I’ve airbrushed most my life I was never asked to try my hand at it till I was in my 40’s !! Lol,  first a 55 Chevy drag car then a 63 Chevy nova drag and this 65 falcon drag car , and a couple years ago a 69 Z/28 drag car, there a lot of fun to do , I would do everyday if I could!! 

11 hours ago, gseeds said:

Thanks Claude, yeah as a kid I was always amazed at the work being airbrushed on the head lights and tail lights of the funny cars of the early 70’s , even though I’ve airbrushed most my life I was never asked to try my hand at it till I was in my 40’s !! Lol,  first a 55 Chevy drag car then a 63 Chevy nova drag and this 65 falcon drag car , and a couple years ago a 69 Z/28 drag car, there a lot of fun to do , I would do everyday if I could!! 

Hi Gary!

Well, I hope they beat at path to your shop. More satisfied customers to come!

CT

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, ManiacModeler said:

Gseeds send me a mail on here man I'd like to commission some art work and see what your prices are.

Looks like he hasn't been here since July. If you're interested and have a Facebook account check out Cartoon drawings of cars, trucks and bikes. Lots of very talented artists working in numerous mediums from pencil to digital. Many of them accept commission work. It's a public group so you shouldn't have to sign up to see posts.

Edited by Phirewriter
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...