Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 `67 Corvette L-88 - in progress

Hawk312

Thanks guys! You are too kind...maybe much too kind. :D Still have to finish the polishing on the body. In the meantime, I am getting the chassis finished up. As I watched the real 1:1 car roll over the chassis cam, I noticed there were a few small differences from my previous builds, and I tried to reflect it on this one. I think I captured most of the details accurately.

I am also getting close to wrapping up the interior. Hopefully I will have those pics for you soon,

chassis8_zps8d31b448.jpg

chassis6_zps390bf4cb.jpg

Thanks again everyone!

I got the interior finished up last night. I overlooked the fact that the real car doesn`t have power windows, so I had to raid the 1/12 Camaro kit for an extra set of roll-up window handles for the door panels. I also had to carve off the power window switches from the console, after it was already painted and detailed mind you. :wacko: I also used a completely new method of doing wood grain on the steering wheel. I think it came out better then my previous method, which was a little to streaky. The appropriate label and tag were added, both printed from the 1:1 items.

interior9_zps9366eb72.jpg

interior8_zps295684f7.jpg

interior7_zps827c6c0b.jpg

Thanks guys! I am hoping to have a couple surprises with this one....a couple small changes that I have never tried with my previous builds. I am also hoping to get pictures of the real car from a source close to the buyer that will hopefully allow me to get the details perfect. Now if I just had more time......

• 2 weeks later...

David, your attention to detail is second to none, and this will be another super build guaranteed not to disappoint. (2 x thumbs up mate. :) )

The finish on your paint jobs is enviable......a true "factory finish", LOVE it. :wub:

• 2 months later...

Thanks everyone!

What specific paint and flocking did you use on the interior?

I am pretty sure I used duplicolor red for everything, topped with dullcote, and then kens kustom fuzy fur and testors flat enamel for the flocking. The red flocking was the bright red color if memory serves me.

Ok...so I am still working on this guys. Since this is the 1/12 scale kit that comes with sidepipes, and the real 1:1 car didn`t have these, I have to scratch build the entire exhaust front to back. I used aluminum tubing, and then created a master and cast the mufflers. It was a bear to get all the angles just right.
I am also in the middle of modifying and recasting the wheels because I am not happy with the originals. I am pretty sure the master is ready now though, and hope to have some pictures soon.
This seems like the never-ending project.
chassis9_zps2faf4afb.jpg
chassis10_zps85034109.jpg