Model Cars Magazine Forum

Back on the Bench! CBP

Jantrix

Well, dug out a long-forgotten project earlier today... or was that late yesterday...? Whatever. Here it is-

ZZ001-vi.jpg

This is a 1932 Datsun roadster. The body is a Revell Germany BWW 2/15 Dixi, which was produced by BMW in Germany under licence to Austin... it was basically a duplicate of the Austin 7, which was sort of like England's Model T Ford. But here's the thing... the design was also copied and produced, illegally, by Datsun in Japan. Since I had the Fujimi Parts Pack Nissan S20 DOHC inline six, I used that for power. The frame is scratchbuilt, as are the floor pan and interior bulkheads. The steering wheel and now non-existant Racing Mate decals also came from that parts pack.

I wasn't happy with the paint on this, and when I got to looking, the passenger's side door (left in this case as the car will be RHD). So I stripped it and redid both doors. While I was at it, I also made up a new floor and drivetrain bulge, and a new dashboard. I'm thinking I will run a track nose off a Revell Midget up front, but nothing is carved in stone. Should have some updated pics soon. B)

ok well i got like 30 sum kits in progress butt my goal is 2 get the

madd mudder kit "mild custom"

57 Chrysler 300 "full custom"

60 Chevy impala " prostock full custom"

the stretched " 32cyco" "full custom"

86 montecarlo "lolo mild custom"

88 mustang "unknown"

im hopeing 2 get some of these or maby more done this year ontop of the "T.Z.H" build :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just found this ... I'll play along.

Projects to be worked on;

'66 El Camino Body painted needs a little repair

'66 Chevelle Wagon primed only

'55 Chevy 210 sedan Bel air to 210 trim change started

Pics to follow ...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Guys, have a few more photo's of today's progress, didn't get a lot done had to do some stuff on my mom's '93 Buick (Plug's, Plug Wires and a Fuel Filter) so I was a bit busy, anyway, made some pulley's, made a fan belt from a old elastic, added a Cast metal Alternator bracket and parts box Alternator, also painted up some more stuff. Still lots to modify, adjust, touch up and much more.

GEDC2091.jpg

GEDC2093.jpg

GEDC2095.jpg

GEDC2096.jpg

Nick

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...