Model Cars Magazine Forum

1936 MG SA Saloon

kennb

I finally got the wore wheels to come out right. As per a suggestion i used wire, the only kind I have is from a pair of vcr connection wires that i tore apart. the wire is finer that human hair but the results are astonishing. I was able to tighten up the weave and fill it together properly.

DSCN3706_zpsccf58e73.jpg

DSCN3708_zps1ca77cbc.jpg

DSCN3700_zpsb0a760ec.jpg

sometimes it takes a while for things to work out right, You just have to keep at it and trying different things intill it is right. I thought the fishing line was small enuff dia, but was so big all it did was get in the way. I just resorted to trying the electrical wire out of frustration since i thought it would be far too small. But look at the rerult. It surprised me so much and made it all fall together.

Thanks so much to those that are following the build.

Kenn :rolleyes:

I've been following this build since before I was even a registered member and have been very impressed with everything I have seen you do but those wire wheels are something to behold. You should consider a tutorial on how to do that. As it is, I am going to have to study those particular posts in great detail to completely understand how to do it and get those kind of results.

Finished steering wheel. It is a little rough but will only be seen from a distence since the inside will be enclosed so I think it will show just fine,

DSCN3738_zpsd55f386a.jpg

The following are the outside door handles, I made them up in pairs the will be cut apart later,

DSCN3748_zps59e904e6.jpg

DSCN3750_zps2b576d27.jpg

Thanks to all that are following this build. Will be painting some green today and finishing the engine.

I am also working on getting together the K3, that will have a lot more information and have a lot more of how to's along with it.

Kenn B)

Edited by kennb

few minor details...air valves on the wire wheels, which most people will never see. :wacko:

DSCN3754_zps0d360680.jpg

DSCN3755_zps359cdd4a.jpg

I have the major componets of the engine painted and ready to assemble and detail out now...Block is the same color as the body, British Racing Green.

DSCN3760_zpsb564fa7f.jpg

Kenn :rolleyes:

Edited by kennb

have some paint splashed on the fenders to check the colors........this is still a dry fit. assembly is still down the road a bit.

DSCN3769_zps5f3986ee.jpg

DSCN3771_zps38f324eb.jpg

DSCN3770_zps9ad15f87.jpg

Thanks to all those that are keeping track of the build...............I know it is taking a long time but it is comming together more now and in about a week I might be done. A lot of little details to do and have to send off more lights and trim to the chrome shop...................... :rolleyes:

Kenn :)