Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's hear it ILLINOIS modelers

Monte's Motors

Strange that all you guys are talking about WLS in the "good old days". Biondi, Landecker, and Winston are all on WLS NOW. They just signed Fred Winston last week and he starts tomorrow.

They're all on WLS now, but it'll NEVER be like it was "back-in-the- day" just like we have the modern muscle and that will never be like it was with stop-light drags daily.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey i jus saw this thread exploring lol im ftom bloomington originaly from lacon i just moved up here with my fiance whos going to nursing school at isu. Si whyle she does homework i build models

Our club has meetings every other month. Home base in Decatur, just a short drive south for you.

The latest news from Revell on behalf of a flooding of requests by midwestern model builders is that they will be releasing a double kit of Toro's Snow-Thrower in both the single stage and double stage versions. It will be molded in white plastic, so the builder will have to apply their own "Toro red" paint. If sales meet or excedes expectations, maybe a John Deere tractor kit w/ mower deck AND snow blade will follow. Check out your LHS this winter and stock up on these gems.

The latest news from Revell on behalf of a flooding of requests by midwestern model builders is that they will be releasing a double kit of Toro's Snow-Thrower in both the single stage and double stage versions. It will be molded in white plastic, so the builder will have to apply their own "Toro red" paint. If sales meet or excedes expectations, maybe a John Deere tractor kit w/ mower deck AND snow blade will follow. Check out your LHS this winter and stock up on these gems.

That is funny Nick!

• 1 month later...

Been in Evergreen Park for 33 years, 34 next month. I have read a lot of griping about our politicians on here all I have to say about that is the only reason our politicians look worse than other states is we only listen to news about our politicians not other states. Simple fact: politicians are, basically, all crooks and liars. Some get caught and some are better at the game. I cant imagine living anywhere else in the world. My favorite thing is walking out my back door and getting the first lung full of 10-20 degree air, but I was born in the blizzard of 79 so i guess snow and cold air is in my dna. Also, shoveling snow isn't that turrible, my driveway is 25' wide and 125' long and then I have sidewalks and elderly neighbors to shovel for. Before anyone says that I am a young man and shoveling is harder when you get older than I, I say that is why God invented snow blowers... get one.

Are there any southside model clubs close to Evergreen Park? or any other modelers close to me on here?

Been in Evergreen Park for 33 years, 34 next month. I have read a lot of griping about our politicians on here all I have to say about that is the only reason our politicians look worse than other states is we only listen to news about our politicians not other states. Simple fact: politicians are, basically, all crooks and liars. Some get caught and some are better at the game. I cant imagine living anywhere else in the world. My favorite thing is walking out my back door and getting the first lung full of 10-20 degree air, but I was born in the blizzard of 79 so i guess snow and cold air is in my dna. Also, shoveling snow isn't that turrible, my driveway is 25' wide and 125' long and then I have sidewalks and elderly neighbors to shovel for. Before anyone says that I am a young man and shoveling is harder when you get older than I, I say that is why God invented snow blowers... get one.

Are there any southside model clubs close to Evergreen Park? or any other modelers close to me on here?

Alan,

I used to live in the northern burbs and know all about shoveling those long driveways and then being smart enough to buy a snow blower, but I gotta tell you living in the South now for 8 years, I do not miss the snow and cold. I used my snow shovel just the other day here in Charlotte..........to scoop up the leaves while dressed in shorts and a t shirt!

Hope you can find a model club, they can be a lot of fun and a source of great help and information.

Alan,

I used to live in the northern burbs and know all about shoveling those long driveways and then being smart enough to buy a snow blower, but I gotta tell you living in the South now for 8 years, I do not miss the snow and cold. I used my snow shovel just the other day here in Charlotte..........to scoop up the leaves while dressed in shorts and a t shirt!

Hope you can find a model club, they can be a lot of fun and a source of great help and information.

nick

i am a relatively husky gentleman the humidity in the south makes me a cranky sob and no matter how many snickers bars i eat i remain a little joe pesci-ish with a hint of richard lewis... its not pretty or fun to be around me in the heat or the humidity. Plus if i was forced to watch the hurricanes play on tv, if they ever play again, i might have to end it all.

I have read a lot of griping about our politicians on here all I have to say about that is the only reason our politicians look worse than other states is we only listen to news about our politicians not other states.

Gov. Otto Kerner: jail.

Gov. Dan Walker: jail.

Gov. George Ryan: jail

Gov. Rod Blagojevich: jail.

And that's just in my lifetime! I don't think any other state can touch the "records" (pun intended) of our politicians.

At this rate we'll have to build a new jail just to house all the ex-governors... :rolleyes:

And that doesn't even include the THREE current Illinois house/senate members who are currently under indictment, and Congressman Jesse Jackson, Jr., who is currently trying to work out a deal with the feds to avoid an indictment and probably jail time. In fact, he just resigned his seat.

And the cherry on top? One of the guys who wants to run as JJJ's replacement was just arrested the other day on a felony charge of trying to bring a gun aboard an airplane!!!

You can't make this stuff up!!! Poor old Abe Lincoln is spinning in his grave. :(

nick

i am a relatively husky gentleman the humidity in the south makes me a cranky sob and no matter how many snickers bars i eat i remain a little joe pesci-ish with a hint of richard lewis... its not pretty or fun to be around me in the heat or the humidity. Plus if i was forced to watch the hurricanes play on tv, if they ever play again, i might have to end it all.

I hear you on the heat and humidity, and I am not what you would call "fit and trim", but it is much easier for me to cool off than to warm up!

The good news is that WGN is broadcast down here so we still get a good share of news and sports from Chicago, and sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad!